Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sideloading over WiFi

Can you set up Calibre so it is possible to sideload books using my own WiFi network? Like if I wanted to move a lot of books between my devices and Calibre would run that as a job in the background.

If that feature isn't available at this point, is it something on a list for future upgrades?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Can you set up Calibre so it is possible to sideload books using my own WiFi network? Like if I wanted to move a lot of books between my devices and Calibre would run that as a job in the background.

If that feature isn't available at this point, is it something on a list for future upgrades?
Connect to folder:
Assumes you can Network 'Mount' your device (the folder)

Alternate:
create a folder 'toDevice' on your PC, now connect to that folder from you device and copy/move
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
That would require static IP, no?
Right now I have my Calibre Library in the Cloud (a bit slow) and have that mounted as a folder on my PC.
Each device would require its own folder?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
That would require static IP, no?
Right now I have my Calibre Library in the Cloud (a bit slow) and have that mounted as a folder on my PC.
Each device would require its own folder?
Push (to a folder on device), each device would have a Static IP
Pull, shared folder on PC. PC needs a static (LAN) IP.

The folder would be reusable. Select books and format to send. Device connects and moves books out of folder.
Next device please , (repeat)

The Content server allows the device to pick from a list (requires some sort of Web browser on device)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote