Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
el_rico
el_rico began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc
Thanks!

In this post you write
Quote:
I tried to find a solution to the issue while keeping jelly bean but it would take too many resources to make it a reality. What I did manage to do was to get permission to post the final ICS image.
Could it be one more reason for opening the bootloader and the sources?

Also, do you confirm that it is normal that I do not get the update?
el_rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #17
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
1. I can't/won't comment.
2. Yes, I can confirm that.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #18
el_rico
el_rico began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc
1. I understand. It was just food for thought...
2. Thanks!
el_rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
dru_k123
New Kobo Arc user
dru_k123 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc,ipad mini, iPhone 5
I wish the information about the delay of the jelly bean release would be posted on the kobo website or notifying customer support. I spent a fair number of hours trying to get the jellybean update to show up on my arc. I even contacted Kobo customer support who do not seem to be aware of the delay.
I am really happy with the kobo arc even without jelly bean. The reading experience is awesome compared to other tablets like the iPad mini.
dru_k123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #20
darknk
darknk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 16GB
I just bought the Arc last week. I really like it but I mainly bought knowing it was advertised as up-gradable to JB(I prefer the notifications up top). I was wondering why I'm not getting the update and I looked online for a while before finding this forum.

My question is, how long before we get the JB update again? Weeks, months?

Thanks. back to reading...

*Update: nvm, after almost a month with no news, I didn't want to miss my return window, I got a Nexus 7 instead, thanks.

Last edited by darknk; 04-29-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Update
darknk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
dru_k123
New Kobo Arc user
dru_k123 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc,ipad mini, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknk View Post
I just bought the Arc last week. I really like it but I mainly bought knowing it was advertised as up-gradable to JB(I prefer the notifications up top). I was wondering why I'm not getting the update and I looked online for a while before finding this forum.

My question is, how long before we get the JB update again? Weeks, months?

Thanks. back to reading...
I would like to know when the jelly bean update is being released. I have a 32 gig arc and I keep checking every day with no update being available. I tried emailing kobo for help and the response is to complete a system reset and rerun the initial setup which puts it back to 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich.

It would be great to know any other options I can try or if I just have defective unit.
dru_k123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
The Kobo servers have reverted to pushing only the last ice cream sandwich firmware. You'll simply have to wait like everyone else until they release an update that fixes the Google Movies issue.
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #23
Dangze
Enthusiast
Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Kobo Arc 32Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
The Kobo servers have reverted to pushing only the last ice cream sandwich firmware. You'll simply have to wait like everyone else until they release an update that fixes the Google Movies issue.
Hey slate, I send you a Personnal Message ! Did you get it ?...

Regards from France

Dangze
Dangze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #24
easyrider1969
easyrider1969 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Bought Arc couple days ago (it's on sale now), also waiting for JB update now..
easyrider1969 is offline   Reply With Quote