Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #18931
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
AAh spring in Japan! I was lucky enough once to be there in spring. The bulbs , magnolias, wisterias and and and... Blew my mind.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #18932
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
AAh spring in Japan! I was lucky enough once to be there in spring. The bulbs , magnolias, wisterias and and and... Blew my mind.
The plum blossoms are the warm-up act for the whole show... Then the Dogwood trees will do their thing. And the cherry trees should start opening in another couple of weeks and the whole country will turn pink and white.

Nice...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #18933
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
The plum blossoms are the warm-up act for the whole show... Then the Dogwood trees will do their thing. And the cherry trees should start opening in another couple of weeks and the whole country will turn pink and white.

Nice...

Stitchawl
I remember we thought it was pretty funny that the TV news would advise the current best locations for cherry blossom, but once we saw them it all made sense.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #18934
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I hear that there have been at least 27 fatalities in the States due to tornadoes. I say again, stay safe guys!

And Stichawl - I envy you the spring and cherry blossom. The only place I've seen anything even close was Harare. when all the Jacaranda trees blooms. A carpet of purple everywhere .

Morning Rooibos in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #18935
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I hear that there have been at least 27 fatalities in the States due to tornadoes. I say again, stay safe guys!
Mother Nature can sure put on a horror show when she wants to... or...

Quote:
And Stichawl - I envy you the spring and cherry blossom. The only place I've seen anything even close was Harare. when all the Jacaranda trees blooms. A carpet of purple everywhere .
... the most spectacular displays of colors and scents. I saw the cherry trees around the Tidal Basin in Washington, D.C. when I lived in the US, and thought that was pretty neat. I figured Japan had 'spots' of cherry trees in the same way. I never in my life ever imagined that there would be entire neighborhoods with tree-lined streets going for miles in every direction, or that every park would be filled with cherry trees, every embankment along rivers and canals, just about every direction, would be filled with cherry trees... It really boggles the mind!

Stitchawl
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #18936
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:

Morning Rooibos in my cup.
Yep, I'm doing a roll call over on the meteorological thread so you guys check in there if you had the storms. Fine here but a tense night.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #18937
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
But... but... but... that's a CAR! (I shudder when I say that word...)

Stitchawl
Normally, I'd agree, but it isn't just any car. Seriously, this is the most fun to drive car I've ever had. Not the fastest, but the most satisfying driver's car.

No, it's not a bike. And yes, I miss my bike(s).
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #18938
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Normally, I'd agree, but it isn't just any car. Seriously, this is the most fun to drive car I've ever had. Not the fastest, but the most satisfying driver's car.

No, it's not a bike. And yes, I miss my bike(s).
I'll admit that a good sports car is a joy to drive. When I lived in California I had a little white '62 Triumph TR-3 (quite similar to this one,) that made Canyon driving a delight. I think every boy should have a sports car at least once in their life. But they should have motorcycles forever...

Time for a glass of Bombay Sapphire!

Stitchawl
Old 03-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #18939
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I'll admit that a good sports car is a joy to drive. When I lived in California I had a little white '62 Triumph TR-3 (quite similar to this one,) that made Canyon driving a delight. I think every boy should have a sports car at least once in their life. But they should have motorcycles forever...

Time for a glass of Bombay Sapphire!

Stitchawl

I just cant get in to this this sports roller skate pretending to be a valid means of transportation. Right now I drive an Explorer I picked up for $2,500 but if i had unlimited funds it be something a bit bigger, probably with a snorkel attachment, a winch, and really rally pricey tires.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #18940
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I avoid the tidal basin like the plague when the Cherry Trees are in blossom. It is insane down there. This year is going to be awful since it is the 100th anniversary of the trees being gifted. (shudders at the thought of the mass of humanity in one spot). Toss in the new MLK memorial in that area and you have just far too many people.

My daffodils are already blooming. It has been an insanely warm winter. Which was good for me, little snow and ice to worry about.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #18941
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Yep, I'm doing a roll call over on the meteorological thread so you guys check in there if you had the storms. Fine here but a tense night.
A similar tense night here. Finishing my morning cranberry juice.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #18942
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Cooper was scared last night. He climbed up on the bed and cuddled for all he was worth. His heart was racing and his breath was fast but he made it through the night fine. Lots of thunder and lightening but nothing worse than that.

This is the dog who is afraid of boxes, tennis ball machines, grates, stairs you can see through, thresholds, and some other silly stuff we have not figured out although we think we can add the dining room table to the list.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #18943
Jim Chaseley
Enthusiast
Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
I have just slurped down the last mouthful of a perfectly made, utterly normal cup of hot, sugary tea. Bog standard, no airs and graces, Tetley tea. Smashing!
Jim Chaseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #18944
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chaseley View Post
I have just slurped down the last mouthful of a perfectly made, utterly normal cup of hot, sugary tea. Bog standard, no airs and graces, Tetley tea. Smashing!
It better not have been in a teabag, or the tea police who lurk in this thread will be on you like a shot .

Welcome to the thread.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #18945
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
It better not have been in a teabag, or the tea police who lurk in this thread will be on you like a shot .

Welcome to the thread.
No, but we certainly will try to convert him.

Just back from a drive. The sun came out, the top came down, and who cares if it's 5 degrees, THE SUN IS OUT!

Now time for a bit of Peet's Russian Caravan while I settle in with To Serve Them All My Days, which I'm enjoying immensely.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?