Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Spring Design Alex

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Exclamation Problems with cover flow

Cover flow is working since we've got the instructions from Spring Design.
But when adding my library of ePUBs and PDFs (515 books, originally purchased from various sources and DRMed) plus their respective covers, Alex gets stuck every single time.
So I've added those books in small batches of roundabout 20.
It has been working flawlessly until book 508, since then it's getting stuck each time again when adding an additional book and its respective cover. It doesn't get stuck, when only adding the book. It only gets stuck when adding a new cover and going into cover flow mode.
It can't be corrupt books or covers, I've checked that. For some books, it helps when opening the book once. As soon as the cover did show once in reading mode, it's working in cover flow mode as well. But this doesn't work for all the books. And even for the very same book, sometimes it's working, sometimes it's not.
I've got various theories. For example, Spring Design told us there isn't enough storage left for the dictionary. Maybe the storage is too small to hold the entire database for 515 sets of metadata?
Anyone experiencing the same?
Can you add all your books and covers at once? How many books do you have?
I don't like at all, having to add each cover manually. And I even like less, that it's getting stuck at some stage.

EDIT: I've played around with the order of files. It doesn't seem to be about specific books/covers. It just seems to hang after 502 books. May be size of the library, size of the database, number of books, ...
For now, I'll delete the less important books and leave it below 500. Bit annoying tbough.

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-18-2010 at 05:43 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I've only got a few dozen books for my Alex, so messing with the covers isn't a big deal for me right now. I did play around with the email app and dumped 1.5 gig of mail down to my SD card without realizing it. No more email came down after that, but I didn't get any messages about filling the card up.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I've only got a few dozen books for my Alex, so messing with the covers isn't a big deal for me right now. I did play around with the email app and dumped 1.5 gig of mail down to my SD card without realizing it. No more email came down after that, but I didn't get any messages about filling the card up.
Interesting. My library is about 1.5 GB as well.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote