Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-09-2022, 01:12 PM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Post deleted?

I noticed on my Profile that I'd received karma for "N/A", and when I seached for what I thought the karma was for, the post wasn't there. Do posts get silently deleted here? If so, is it possible to at least get notification so that one can know why, and perhaps avoid whatever infraction triggered the deletion in future?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:24 AM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Usually from what I’ve seen posts in a thread get deleted or edited and the mod who did it posts within the thread generally pointing out why. You’ll know it’s a mod post because the text will be green like their username.

It would be nice if we actually got notified though given time zones exist and threads can get buried.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2022, 07:42 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
There was once a thread I posted in that just disappeared altogether. I never found it in another part of the forum. It was a few years ago and I no longer remember the topic but I I do know that I hadn't thought it was controversial. My best guess was that sometime after I posted, the thread took a bad turn and got removed. But it was strange that I couldn't even find a remnant of it with a comment from a moderator.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 10:18 PM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My impression is that sometimes the mods forget to send notifications to the user when a message is moved or deleted. I had one moved, no notification, so I thought I misremembered and posted it again, and then the mod was screeching at me about my reposting after my post had been moved to the correct place. I responded that I hadn't received any notification and then a few hours later did get notification, probably after they came back and saw my response. No apology of course; most of the mods would have apologized but I wasn't surprised that that one did not.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:36 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
When a post has been deleted, presumably it was for an obvious violation or because it came after a mod had posted ground rules or to terminate a particular discussion or perhaps because it was a response to a deleted post. If it’s not obvious, the poster can PM the likeliest mod to ask.

As for moving threads, there’s a notification with a redirect in the original forum but they’re not permanent. If you’re looking for a post and can’t find it, you can check your own posts to see if it’s still there and/or if it’s been moved. Usually when a thread has been moved, it’s because it’s a better fit elsewhere; this can be a problem in the General Discussions forum, where “general” shouldn’t be understood to mean “anything.”

Hope this helps.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert