lonly began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop
pdf editing help

Hello Dear all Friends
i need help about editing pdf file
i am scrapping website data and auto converting it to pdf file
now i need to edit pdf using acrobat pro and here is my questions

1. how can i increase entire pdf font size using acrobat Pro DC

2. i want to make several text bold so is there any way i can search a text like this "Chapter" and all pdf file auto make bold this text ?

3. i want to delete some multiple lines from pdf so there is any command i can delete all these once. for example i have alot of images filename in bellow every image and the filenames are in this format image
image-IBFUEN3C.png
image-PQCACCIA.png
image-M0UJ6NZX.png

currently i am using adobe acrobat pro dc but if any other software where is possible to edit these issues easily you can tell me

thank you
lonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Make your changes prior to or during conversion to PDF, not after.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:00 PM   #3
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I agree with j.p.s. The original web site html would probably be far easier to edit or convert to a more editing-friendly format than converting to PDF and then editing that. PDF is really meant as a final destination, not a working format for editing.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 03:13 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonly View Post
i am scrapping website data and auto converting it to pdf file
now i need to edit pdf using acrobat pro and here is my questions
  1. Copy & paste to LO Writer.
  2. Adjust any formatting / layout / fonts.
  3. Save an odt
  4. Export a PDF (built into LO Writer)
  5. Optionally Save As docx and import that to Sigil or Calibre to automatically produce a real ebook. PDFs are electronic documents and inferior to PDF for arbitary sized smaller screens.
Works perfectly. You can't sensibly edit a PDF. It's designed to view proofs for print or distribute fixed layout. Forget Acrobat Pro.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:46 AM   #5
lonly
lonly began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
  1. Copy & paste to LO Writer.
  2. Adjust any formatting / layout / fonts.
  3. Save an odt
  4. Export a PDF (built into LO Writer)
  5. Optionally Save As docx and import that to Sigil or Calibre to automatically produce a real ebook. PDFs are electronic documents and inferior to PDF for arbitary sized smaller screens.
Works perfectly. You can't sensibly edit a PDF. It's designed to view proofs for print or distribute fixed layout. Forget Acrobat Pro.
Did you mean this software (LibreOffice Writer) ?
is it free or paid ?
i can import pdf in this software or i have to copy past text in it ?
lonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You better forget about editing a PDF. Think of PDF as an image, you can "edit" it with a program like Gimp or Inkscape.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 07:37 AM   #7
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Since the OP are using Acrobat Pro, I suppose he won't mind paid software, so here are some that may or may not be of any use:

Microsoft Word since (I think) version 2016 can open, edit and save PDFs - it's a bit slow on large documents, and layout is not always preserved 100%

Softmaker FlexiPDF or Ashampoo's sublicensed version PDF Pro (both have free versions, which may or may not be enough for the OP's needs) - can do search and replace with "wildcards", but not real regex.

Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Editor (has a search function, but replace is by hand, one at a time)

All of Affinity's graphic software can open and edit pdf's (Affinity Publisher even does regex and other nifty search/replace things)

and oodles of other more or less specialized software, both cheaper and very much more expensive. – Google just might be your friend, and usually there's some way of trying the software before buying.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with any of the above companies.

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:22 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
But why why why make PDF editing part of a workflow when upstream source material is available?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:30 AM   #9
christaelrod
christaelrod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Make your changes prior to or during conversion to PDF, not after.
Well said. I agree with your answer. Making the required changes before converting your document into the PDF format will be easier than incorporating changes post conversion.
christaelrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 11:01 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
LibreOffice is free on Mac, Windows, Linux. Android version is really only a viewer.

Unless you are exchanging the same document back & forward with an MS Office user it's better now than MS Office. MS Office 2003 and 2007 were good, but LO for someone not needing interchange is better. Use native odt mode and an extra save for docx if making an epub. The PDF export is perfect.

Any doc or docx file can be read, but is converted so even if it looks ok it might need cleaned up.

Use styles. Copy & Paste from the Browser.

Never edit PDFs.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote