Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #241
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
I see the telnet package was linked in this thread, would there be any easy way to put a password on ftp as I did for telnet?
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:40 AM   #242
kobrick
kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kobrick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kobo h20
Hi,

Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but is the menu rotation issue now fixed on the first gen H2O?

Cheers and thanks for the great work!
kobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2018, 10:49 PM   #243
MrCent
MrCent began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2012, Kobo Glo
How to change number of usb net ip & wifi ip at first line?
MrCent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:28 PM   #244
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobrick View Post
Hi,

Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but is the menu rotation issue now fixed on the first gen H2O?

Cheers and thanks for the great work!
I think it has been. I have a first gen H2O and haven't experienced the rotation issue since updating to the current version of KSM.
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:42 AM   #245
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmplxAdSys View Post
I think it has been. I have a first gen H2O and haven't experienced the rotation issue since updating to the current version of KSM.
Yes to add on to this I no longer have this issue either on first gen H20.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2018, 10:53 PM   #246
wherahiko
Enthusiast
wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW 3
Deleting KSM

Hello,

I installed KSM 9 on my Kobo Glo HD, but need to delete it and return to the original settings. How can I do this? I deleted "kbmenupngs", but found the "KoboRoot.tgz" file is no longer in the .kobo directory. I deleted Koreader too, but KSM still starts when I turn on my Kobo.

Can I do a factory reset to solve this—or is there an easier method?

Thanks!
wherahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:45 AM   #247
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Hi,

To remove KSM, per the 1st post in thread, try:
-
Deinstall any version of KSM (On KSM 08 select "tools" > "ksm diverse.msh" > "del KSM.sh")
-

Same on KSM09.
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:12 AM   #248
ilovereading.com
Connoisseur
ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kobo Glo
Can someone tell me if it's possible to load Koreader and KSM09 wirelessly as the USB connection doesn't work on my Kobo Glo but still charges? I have no knowledge or understanding of coding. The reason I'm interested is to use the calibre content server via Koreader which seems so much more efficient than via the web brower on my device.
ilovereading.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #249
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovereading.com View Post
Can someone tell me if it's possible to load Koreader and KSM09 wirelessly as the USB connection doesn't work on my Kobo Glo but still charges? I have no knowledge or understanding of coding. The reason I'm interested is to use the calibre content server via Koreader which seems so much more efficient than via the web brower on my device.
Hi ! Do you mean : loading books wirelessly on a device with KOReader and KSM09 installed? (if so, next paragraph) or do you mean running / installing ksm and koreader wirelessly ? (for this, I noticed some cables are pretty bad with the kobo reader, you should seek an official one if you have not one, just to be sure it's really broken. If it's broken, last paragraph)

You would use the combo KOReader + dropbox. There is a plugin to do it. You could also configure a ftp to store your books (and getting them the same way you get books from dropbox). there is also the calibre wireless plugin and the calibre opds catalog to load your books on koreader wirelessly. If you have any question (but not on the two last possibilities has I have problems with them for the moment) you could open (if not already done) a question on the KOReader thread here on mobileread.

So it's broken, as you have a glo (HD or not) the only solution I see involve opening the device, taking out the memory, and following the installation process of KSM09 as described on the first post of this thread. But each time you have to put file on the system, you take the memory out, put the file with a computer, then replug the memory in your device, then ... Should be boring, but should working (I won't test it for fun ;-)

Last edited by cramoisi; 05-16-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: (too much free time)
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #250
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovereading.com View Post

If you are going to open your device to get access to the internal sd, as suggested by cramoisi, you might be interested in this thread Mounting the Kobo internal uSD card in Windows 7 x64.
You might also take this chance to make a back up of your internal sd, in case something goes wrong later.

In order to avoid having to open the device more than once you can try to do all that is needed in one go (by ignoring partly the install instructions at the first post of this thread):
  • copy the folder kbmenupngs (which you can find in KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip) to the root
  • copy KoboRoot.tgz (which you can find in KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip) to .kobo\
  • create .adds\kbmenu_user\ and copy KSM09_update002.zip into it. (you can create .adds by using the mkdir command in cmd.exe, or if you use the file explorer you have to write ".adds." instead of ".adds" to create ".adds".)
  • copy the folder koreader (which you can find in the koreader packages, see here http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/) to .adds\
  • rename KoboRoot.tgz (which you can find in the archive provided by this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...53&postcount=3) to KoboRoot_telnet.tgz and copy it to .kobo\ (once you have KSM running, you can rename it back to KoboRoot.tgz in order to install it. This will allow you to use telnet, and ftp access.)
When you put the internal sd (which you have modified as outlined above) back into the device and power it on, the device will behave like it does when it updates the firmeware. After restarting, you should see the KSM menu. Proceed immediately to install KSM09_update002 by selecting "handle KSM update" > "install KSM update". (If there is no user interaction after booting, nickel will be automatically started after 20 seconds or so, so you better press "handle KSM update" quickly).

After KSM09_update002 has been installed, start nickel and handle the pngs of kbmenupngs; see Installation, step 1.4 (in the first post of the current thread). After this restart the device.

If something is unclear, don't hesitate asking.

Several people have broken the power button when opening/closing the Glo. So be careful.

Last edited by tshering; 05-16-2018 at 03:29 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #251
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Hello,
I installed KSM 9 and KOReader. All is ok except one issue. The koreader icon starts the ksm and not koreader itself. I have to select that option on my own. Am I missing something?
Thank you.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:14 PM   #252
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Hello,
I installed KSM 9 and KOReader. All is ok except one issue. The koreader icon starts the ksm and not koreader itself. I have to select that option on my own. Am I missing something?
Thank you.
Only when you start nickel, or koreader, by "koreader additions" > "start nickel koreader switch" or "koreader additions" > "start koreader nickel switch", selecting switchtokoreader will exit nickel and open koreader.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:36 AM   #253
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

I noticed that both USB networking and USB drive support are disabled by default. Is there a reason for this? I would enable USB drive support at boot time.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:05 PM   #254
tshering
Wizard

starting scripts from an external SD

If your Kobo reader has an external SD, you can start scripts form the SD. To start a script from the SD:
select "tools" > "external sd.msh" > "browse ext sd for scripts.msh"
navigate to your script and select it

This is an example script (copy_KoboRoottgz_to_kobo.sh) that copies the file KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo
Code:
cp /mnt/sd/KoboRoot.tgz /mnt/onboard/.kobo/
When your usb connection does not work, you could use such scripts to copy books to your device. Or you could update KSM 08 to KSM 09, or install Koreader, ...
Old 05-29-2018, 09:51 AM   #255
hfpop
Addict

I am having difficulties running USBNet on KA1LE + KSM09. run Windows 10 and all is set as I do run USBNet from Kindle side all right. I enabled Dropbear but when enabling USBNet the comment does not mentions that Dropbear is running. I cannot use Putty, I cannot use sftp, etc. Ping to the usbnet ip address works all right. I have the folder .adds/vlasovsoft/usbnet.

Last edited by hfpop; 05-29-2018 at 10:25 AM.