Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #181
HeatherReisman69
HeatherReisman69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Uggg. So my Kobo Glo I bought several years ago broke. I had made a big transfer of files (removed the entire library via usb/computer and add new books). The old books were still "on the device" but when I selected the books, they were not available. I suspect there was some thumbnails stored or something that weren't properly cleaned out. I tried a few times until I decided to try and upgrade to 4.7 after googling a bit and finding a thread in this forum.

Well, it started to hang on the upgrade screen (left it on all afternoon). I hard reset, and now the screen is BLANK. I popped open the thing, unplugged the battery, still nothing. I removed the flash card. Still nothing.

From what I understand, my next step (and what I presume will fix it) is to re-image the device? Would someone be kind enough to send me the image for the Original kobo (This one came out years ago, it's the first one I think). Also, all the tutorials are for windows, I use linux, I was wondering if there were tutorials for how to use this in linux? Will USB image writer work? What is the dd command?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2018, 05:52 AM   #182
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM Sent.

By "hard reset" do you mean a factory reset? If not, you can do this using the buttons. If it works, then it is better than pulling it apart again.

For the tutorial, I assume you mean Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. From memory, the dd command is mentioned fairly early in the thread.
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #183
HeatherReisman69
HeatherReisman69 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM Sent.

By "hard reset" do you mean a factory reset? If not, you can do this using the buttons. If it works, then it is better than pulling it apart again.

For the tutorial, I assume you mean Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. From memory, the dd command is mentioned fairly early in the thread.
Oh man, I guess I didn't factory reset the correct way (I thought you just used the hidden button). It's come back to life! Thank you so much!
Old 03-26-2018, 07:23 PM   #184
Norbiej
Norbiej began at the beginning.

Hello

I sadly lost my Kobo glo firmware image and would wonder if somebody could pm me one?

greatly appreciated and thanks in advandce
Old 03-26-2018, 11:14 PM   #185
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Advert
Old 05-07-2018, 06:03 AM   #186
Mitaru
Mitaru began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I don't know if you still do this but I would be very grateful if you could PM a Glo HD image file as well. Got no idea of another way to find one.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-07-2018, 06:25 AM   #187
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, I am still doing this, after all, the previous post is only six weeks back. Though I prefer to see the requests in the thread for that device.

So, PM sent.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:10 AM   #188
impress
impress began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Hello Davide. I have a kobo aura that after installing xc soar has shut down. Please let me upload img for Aura and if it can at all be reinstalled via an external sd card. Thank you earlier. Sorry my bad English language
Old 05-10-2018, 06:36 AM   #189
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by impress View Post
Hello Davide. I have a kobo aura that after installing xc soar has shut down. Please let me upload img for Aura and if it can at all be reinstalled via an external sd card. Thank you earlier. Sorry my bad English language
The Aura does not have an internal SD card, and I do not have a an image for it. I think there is a way to boot from the external SD card, but I have no details on this. A search here should find the details. Or start a thread for it. Discussing the Aura at the end of a long thread about the Glo is not going to attract any attention.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #190
spykerthedog
spykerthedog began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi there would I be able to get an image file for a Kobo Touch N905B?
Old 05-13-2018, 03:10 AM   #191
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to the other post.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #192
kennyworld
kennyworld began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
Hi,I also need a image of the sd for an Aura HD because or seems to be bricked... Could you send me a link?
Old 05-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #193
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #194
jessicle
jessicle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD
Hello, I would really appreciate some help to reimage my glo sd card. See my post for details of my issue. I take it I need a copy of the image and have to somehow get that onto the sd card....? Is there a post that tells me in detail how to do it? Thanks so much.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:08 AM   #195
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide.
Closed Thread