Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #31
elvenic
Enthusiast
elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Sounds like a good thing to suggest over at Github .
OK, at your suggestion, I've opened an issue on GitHub :

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1443
elvenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #32
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Question..Has anyone noticed with CoolReader that it doesn't seem to save bookmarks with their H20? I am using KSM07 with CoolReader version:
pbchess-2015.03_kobo.zip

Also, does anyone know if KOReader is a port of the CoolReader engine? jut curious..

Thanks,
JFeole
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #33
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nook_nerd View Post
Question..Has anyone noticed with CoolReader that it doesn't seem to save bookmarks with their H20? I am using KSM07 with CoolReader version:
pbchess-2015.03_kobo.zip

Also, does anyone know if KOReader is a port of the CoolReader engine? jut curious..

Thanks,
JFeole
KOreader Wiki and the CoolReader Engine 3 is one of the components used for rendering a number of file formats, but another engine is used for PDFs (originally MuPDF). Most of KOreader is its own original code [mostly human readable scripts, which makes it much more adaptable by the knowledgeable user].
KOreader includes much more than a simple port of CoolReader would.

Sergey's Launcher includes his port of CoolReader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #34
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
*Touch N905C users may need to fix the Koreader touch coordinates as shown here.*
I think I need to do this as I can't select the book I want to read in koreader, but that post refers to changing input.lua, and the only input.lua I can find (in the koreader/ffi directory) doesn't contain the code mentioned.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:25 AM   #35
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I think I need to do this as I can't select the book I want to read in koreader, but that post refers to changing input.lua, and the only input.lua I can find (in the koreader/ffi directory) doesn't contain the code mentioned.
frontend\device\input.lua
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #36
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, if you are using KSM7, you may find it at .adds/koreader/frontend/device/input.lua

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #37
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Worked well.

It is KSM7 (2015.02.14) but I only found input.lua in the frontend\device\input.lua directory.

thanks...
Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #38
Ken Maltby
Wizard

OK, this is probably obsessive but why are you guys using backslashes? Linux uses forward slashes.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #39
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
It is a DOS thing, carried over Windows.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #40
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
OK, this is probably obsessive but why are you guys using backslashes? Linux uses forward slashes.

Luck;
Ken

Ooops, yeah, you are right of course
Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 AM   #41
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Ooops, yeah, you are right of course
I cannot see why one way should be correct and the other wrong. It is just a question on how you access the storage space. Since I access it as usb storage via a windows system, I use backslashes. When sharing information, I copy the paths from the command line console or the file explorer and past it here (no typos, no incorrectly remembered path and file names). Other windows user can simply copy and paste the path. I expect users of other OS to be able to make the necessary modifications if using information posted by me in this way.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #42
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I cannot see why one way should be correct and the other wrong. It is just a question on how you access the storage space. Since I access it as usb storage via a windows system, I use backslashes. When sharing information, I copy the paths from the command line console or the file explorer and past it here (no typos, no incorrectly remembered path and file names). Other windows user can simply copy and paste the path. I expect users of other OS to be able to make the necessary modifications if using information posted by me in this way.
That is what I was expecting the answer to be, but sometimes you guys have reasons that I never considered. Also, there is that the device runs under a version of Linux. (but the user partition is FAT) I didn't mean to imply that I thought either way was right or wrong.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-11-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #43
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Am I right that since the .add folder exists, neither KSM nor Koreader does any 'harm' to the normal Kobo/Nickel installation, and that it should persist through any updates?
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #44
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
Am I right that since the .add folder exists, neither KSM nor Koreader does any 'harm' to the normal Kobo/Nickel installation, and that it should persist through any updates?
Tshering would give a better answer, but no harm is, or has been done by either program. Koreader makes no changes to the Kobo supplied code. KSM makes a tiny addition to the Kobo startup code, that has caused no impact on any of the code that Kobo uses.

KSM provides options to handle updates, including updates to the firmware, one of the update handling options allows you to do the update, while not effecting the KSM installation. So, using that option, everything should persist through a Firmware update. And now, with all the code for kbmenu, koreader, and any other added software, placed in the new .adds directory, those programs should also remain unaffected (as well as the relationships between them).

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-13-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #45
Xen
Connoisseur
Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle

Last edited by Xen; 08-25-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote