Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
ccsimon
ccsimon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite with Duokan doesn't turn on background light

Hello there,
first, I'm new to these forums, so I'm sorry if this is not the place to post this, but I hope it'll be alright in here .
Today I installed Duokan(2014) on my Kindle Paperwhite (I used the installation manual from the MobileRead wiki), and everything worked fine, except for the lighting of the screen, which is, as you might know, a main feature of the Kindle PW, but google didn't really have the anwer for me, so I hope I'll have better luck here . I have the newest version of Duokan and I found the option to change the brightness, but it's set to full brightness(24, but the lighting isn't actually turned on) and the + or - buttons don't do anything. So does anyone know how to change the brightness or actually how to turn it on?

Thanks ,
Simon
ccsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Duokan is not a MobileRead product and the developers never released the source -- so be aware that we may be of limited help.

It is possible you may get a lot farther for your needs using KOReader, the official MobileRead alternative reader for Kindle.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
We need to be careful with our language here:

KOReader is NOT an "official Mobileread alternative." Again, KOReader is NOT an official Mobileread Product.

Rather, KOReader is an alternative reader that differs from the one offered by AMAZON, and is from an independent development team not affiliated with Mobileread or with Amazon.

Mobileread does, however, have a thread on KOReader, located here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209276

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-07-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
We need to be careful with our language here:

KOReader is NOT an "official Mobileread alternative." Again, KOReader is NOT an official Mobileread Product.

Rather, KOReader is an alternative reader that differs from the one offered by AMAZON, and is from an independent development team not affiliated with Mobileread or with Amazon.

Mobileread does, however, have a thread on KOReader, located here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209276

Don
(Moderator)
It is officially supported by our very own Kindle Developers Forum, the KOReader devs include MobileRead members, their wiki will refer you back to MobileRead for KUAL or KPVBooklet (without which KOReader on the Kindle is useless)... sounds pretty official to me.

OK then, the unofficial official alternative of the MobileRead Kindle Developers forum (officially part of MobileRead).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
SbAgOoTs
SbAgOoTs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsimon View Post
Hello there,
first, I'm new to these forums, so I'm sorry if this is not the place to post this, but I hope it'll be alright in here .
Today I installed Duokan(2014) on my Kindle Paperwhite (I used the installation manual from the MobileRead wiki), and everything worked fine, except for the lighting of the screen, which is, as you might know, a main feature of the Kindle PW, but google didn't really have the anwer for me, so I hope I'll have better luck here . I have the newest version of Duokan and I found the option to change the brightness, but it's set to full brightness(24, but the lighting isn't actually turned on) and the + or - buttons don't do anything. So does anyone know how to change the brightness or actually how to turn it on?

Thanks ,
Simon
Hi,

I had the same problem with the Duokan 2014 version linked in the installation tutorial, but with the one you can find here the back light works perfectly!

Bye
SbAgOoTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert