Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Anybody read "Science News" on a K1?

I would like to subscribe to "Science News" on my K1, but it likely has a lot of graphics, diagrams, etc. I wonder if anybody has read this on a K1, and if so, how well do the graphics show up?

I know I can try and cancel if necessary, but just wonderer if anybody has had any experience with this.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You get a free 14-day trial. Just try it and see if you like it.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I think it is available via Calibre, isn't it? We have it at the Library and it is a very colorful, graphic publication.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I have a print subscription and get it via calibre on the side. Haven't tried bringing it down as mobi, only as ePub. Works fine.
I'll give it a try and report back later.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #5
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have a subscription (for 2 or 3 months now) and read it on my K2 with no problem. I'm sure there have been a few diagrams or photos which would have been more useful if in color, but none to the point where I felt I hand to try to view it on my PC or something in order to understand it.
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Thanks, all. I bought just the current issue,and it looks pretty good, and the graphics are OK when I zoom them.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote