Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-06-2024, 07:33 PM   #1
Ebookus
Enthusiast
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Book-specific tweak on Profiles

I download an ePub version of The Economist from PressReader every week. I have a Profile that adjusts all the settings automatically after I open it however, I have now started using a "book-specific tweak" (
Code:
body {margin: 0 0em !important}
) to reduce the columns middle margin (L/R are set to 0) as the default is way too big. and I was trying to add it to said profile but I can't seem to be able to do it.

is there any way I can do that? the files are consistent week to week, therefore would like this tweak applied always.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 11:06 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Book specific tweak is applicable to this book only, there is no action for it.
Try "User style tweak" instead.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2024, 07:41 AM   #3
Ebookus
Enthusiast
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Book specific tweak is applicable to this book only, there is no action for it.
Try "User style tweak" instead.
I've never used them before, do I just drop a .css file with the code? any help would be highly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:45 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, put your css file to koreader/styletweaks folder.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:30 AM   #5
Ebookus
Enthusiast

okay, I added the "small margin.css" file to the specified folder and was able to successfully add it to the Profile. Thank you!

just one minor thing, when I go to the 'User style tweaks' menu on koreader, it shows two options to choose from: "small margin" (which is the line of code) and another one called ". small margin" which when I long press on it, shows a bunch of gibberish. Is this normal? can I remove it? if so how?
Advert
Old 02-07-2024, 12:40 PM   #6
hius07
Wizard

I think you have a file ". small margin" in the koreader/styletweaks folder.
Maybe your operating system added it?
You can see it in the KOReader file browser with enabled setting "Show hidden files".
Old 02-07-2024, 06:14 PM   #7
Ebookus
Enthusiast

okay this is really weird now, from the KOReader file browser, using both "show hidden files" and "show unsupported files" I can only see the .css file I added i.e "Small Margins.css".

connecting the kindle to my Mac and using "Shift+Command+." (show hidden files on macOS) also does not show any other files apart from the one I added. Yet, I still get the ". Small Margin" under 'user style tweaks'.

So naturally, I changed the name to the css file to "small column margin.css" and now have another option under 'user style tweaks' called ... you guessed it, ". small column margin" what gives?
Old 02-08-2024, 11:48 AM   #8
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebookus View Post
So naturally, I changed the name to the css file to "small column margin.css" and now have another option under 'user style tweaks' called ... you guessed it, ". small column margin" what gives?
Its a resource fork created by your Mac OS X. You can simply delete those files from the styletweaks folder via Finder.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 06:28 PM   #9
Ebookus
Enthusiast

which files? I can only see the one I added, and well I kinda need it for the Profile to work.
Old 02-10-2024, 02:39 AM   #10
jonnyl
jonnyl began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Those "._"-files are created by MacOS and will not show in Finder. They are also hidden in KOReader File browser, even when "show hidden files" and "show unsupported files" are selected. (@hius07: It might be a good idea to also hide them from the Styletweaks menu.)

@Ebookus: You can delete the file on a Windows Computer for example. On MacOS, you can't delete it in Finder. Here's how you delete it in Terminal:

1. Open the Styletweaks folder of your ereader in Finder.

2. On the bottom of the Finder window where the path is shown, right-click on the Styletweaks folder and select Copy "Styletweaks" as Pathname

3. Open Terminal

4. Change to Styletweaks directory: type cd and paste the pathname from your clipboard.

5. By typing ls -a it will show all files in the directory, including the hidden one you want to delete.

6. Type rm ._Economist.css (or whatever your file is named. If there is a space in the filename, you'll have to put it inside " quotes.

7. Close Terminal and disconnect ereader.

Last edited by jonnyl; 02-10-2024 at 08:35 AM.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 03:50 PM   #11
Ebookus
Enthusiast

thank you @jonnyl. I don't have a Windows machine, but terminal did the trick.

Last edited by Ebookus; 02-10-2024 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:51 AM   #12
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Its a resource fork created by your Mac OS X. You can simply delete those files from the styletweaks folder via Finder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
On MacOS, you can't delete it in Finder.
If I remember correctly, I deleted the files on my jailbroken Oasis via Filezilla. It's absolutely possible, that those files can't be deleted in Finder. Using Terminal instead is a good idea.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 07:02 AM   #13
Ebookus
Enthusiast

any of you mad lads knows how I could deactivate ticks (on the progress bars) and add them to a Profile?

I want both depth 1 and 2 OFF and 3 ON, or visually:

[ ] 25 entries at ToC depth 1
[ ] 84 entries at ToC depth 2
[✓] 122 entries at ToC depth 3
Old 02-24-2024, 04:25 PM   #14
jonnyl
jonnyl began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebookus View Post
any of you mad lads knows how I could deactivate ticks (on the progress bars) and add them to a Profile?
I don't think it's possible to control the ticks via Profiles.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:23 AM   #15
Ebookus
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
I don't think it's possible to control the ticks via Profiles.
Not even with a user style tweak?