Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-02-2023, 06:10 PM   #1
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
BOOX Latest Firmware V3.5

See here
I got it for my Palma, Tab Ultra, Tab Ultra C, Tab Mini C.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 08:49 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Did you leave some for the rest of us? Hmm?

No love for the Poke3.

Last edited by Renate; 11-02-2023 at 08:51 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2023, 12:38 AM   #3
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I hope it'll be released for the Nova 3 soon. I'd love to use some of the new note taking functions, mostly the improved lasso and delete ones.

Unfortunately, it seems like some interesting features like custom system fonts won't be available for most devices. Is that some sort of Android 12 limitation?
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 02:47 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
No love for the Poke3.
I think that will come too - I hope also for the Android 9 devices; I don't think so anymore with my Poke Pro (Android 6).
Old 11-03-2023, 05:01 AM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
My Poke5 is yet to see the update.
The AI Read thing seems interesting. I would want it to be integrated in Calibre or a Calibre-like solution.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2023, 06:26 AM   #6
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
My Poke5 is yet to see the update.
The AI Read thing seems interesting. I would want it to be integrated in Calibre or a Calibre-like solution.
Not available for the Poke series, I'm afraid.

"[2] Al Read is available for devices with handwriting capabilities, and the quota is updated daily. The information provided by AI Read is solely for your reference. We're not responsible for its accuracy or reliability."
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 12:17 PM   #7
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
My Tab Mini C has updated to 3.5. I was curious about the AI Read feature, but the new Owner's Manual says nothing about it (though it mentions the other AI features). I had to figure out how to enable it on my own. (Hint - you need to be in split screen mode to see the AI Read option.)

AI Read seems to give a decent summary of chapters and books - at least the couple of books that I tested with it.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 01:15 AM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Hence why it would likely make a good Calibre plugin. Blurbs are a pain to write, and many short-form works don't present them at all.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 09:57 AM   #9
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I had to figure out how to enable it on my own. (Hint - you need to be in split screen mode to see the AI Read option.)

AI Read seems to give a decent summary of chapters and books - at least the couple of books that I tested with it.
Can you expand a bit on it? I still can't find it.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 10:15 AM   #10
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Never mind, it's on the bottom toolbar under split view.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 03:07 PM   #11
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anybody seen the Poke5 (actually "Poke5P") update?
Old 11-15-2023, 10:16 AM   #12
BanditoB
Enthusiast
BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.BanditoB seizes *every* day. In the original latin.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Boox Tab Ultra, Boox Tab Ultra C, Kindle Oasis-9th Gen
Any ideas on how long it takes them to release the software update to all devices? It’s still not showing up for my Tab Ultra or Tab Ultra C.
BanditoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 10:27 AM   #13
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditoB View Post
Any ideas on how long it takes them to release the software update to all devices? It’s still not showing up for my Tab Ultra or Tab Ultra C.
I received it for both devices
Old 11-15-2023, 10:30 AM   #14
Renate
Wizard

I'm still seeing 3.3.2 for TabUltra.
What is the "real model" for a TabUltraC?
Code:
adb shell "getprop | grep model"
Old 11-15-2023, 10:31 AM   #15
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I received it for both devices
Hmm, I think the old way that we've been querying for updates is out of date now.