Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2024, 12:01 AM   #1
Phoenixx
Phoenixx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Calibre can't see new Kobo Clara 2E

Hello,

I have an existing Kobo Glo and use Calibre. Currently running Calibre 4.23 as when I previously updated Calibre I lost the ability to download books from Council library system. This version works fine with my Glo.

Today I have bought Kobo Clara 2E, when I connect Clara to computer Calibre does not show the "Send books to Device" icon!

Please help and explain like I'm 5 what I should do.
Thank you

Last edited by Phoenixx; 03-28-2024 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Add info
Phoenixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:14 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The problem is that the 4.23 calibre does not contain the USB device ID for the Clara 2E

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:21 AM   #3
Phoenixx

Thank you Peter, so if I update to the latest version it will work? Does that version supported downloading from library system?
Thank you
Old 03-28-2024, 06:49 AM   #4
cavy
cavy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST2, Kindle DXG y PW2
If it does not support downloading from the library, you can also install a portable version of Calibre and use each version of the program for whatever you need.
cavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:44 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Without knowing anything about the Council Library system I can't say

However part of upgrading calibre includes not only updating the officially supported plugins, but also any unofficial ones like deDRM for Adobe protected content, which many libraries use. Just be aware we can't give detailed help on that topic, but there are a myriad threads discussing it here at MobileReads

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:59 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What OS are you using?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:27 PM   #7
Phoenixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What OS are you using?
On my computer? Windows 11.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:23 PM   #8
Phoenixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
On my computer? Windows 11.
What version of Calibre should I update to?
Currently still on 4.23.
Do I also need to update Adobe Digital Editions?
Will I need to update DeDRM tools, where from?

Sorry I'm rather lost here.

Thank you for the help
Old 03-29-2024, 12:06 AM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Probably 7.70 for calibre.

You might want to update ADE but leave that for later.

For DeDRM, I would suggest downloading DeDRM 10.0.9 from NoDRM's Github site.

Any plugins that you have installed and need updating will show up in the Updates popup at the bottom of calibre's main window.

You might want to add the ACSM/deACSM plugin to allow you to allow calibre to download the epub from the .ascm file.

If you are not running a 64-bit version of calibre 4.23, you should uninstall calibre (this will not affect your library or settings) before installing 7.7.0.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:13 PM   #10
Phoenixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Any plugins that you have installed and need updating will show up in the Updates popup at the bottom of calibre's main window.

You might want to add the ACSM/deACSM plugin to allow you to allow calibre to download the epub from the .ascm file.

If you are not running a 64-bit version of calibre 4.23, you should uninstall calibre (this will not affect your library or settings) before installing 7.7.0.
Thank you so much for your detailed help, I have managed to get it all working correctly, again many many thanks
Old 03-29-2024, 10:37 PM   #11
Phoenixx

Quote:

Thanks again and I do have another question
Can I still put books on to my Kobo Glo through my now updated Calibre library? If not can you explain how to do this?

Again many thanks for your help
Old 03-29-2024, 11:13 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The procedure won't change. You will connect your Kobo Glo to your computer over a USB connection and be able to transfer books and metadata the same as you do now. Your new Clara 2E will be no different in terms of the connection.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 11:36 PM   #13
Phoenixx

Quote:
The procedure won't change. You will connect your Kobo Glo to your computer over a USB connection and be able to transfer books and metadata the same as you do now. Your new Clara 2E will be no different in terms of the connection.
Brilliant, thanks again