Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question on Whispernet Coverage

I live in central Ohio, about 30 miles East of Columbus. I'm a little confused by the coverage map at Amazon & Gizmodo. When I open the map I'm not in the Green area which according to some posters means I have no Whispernet. This seems really odd since that means no one in Columbus has it either. If I click on High Speed it shows me well covered in Orange.

I'm assuming this means I have good high-speed coverage in my area (all the way around too). If so what do the green areas on the map represent? The slower alternative? Or am I misreading things?

Here's a link to the map:

http://www.showmycoverage.com/mycoverage.jsp?id=A921ZON
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
rflashman
Zealot
rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Archos 605 Wifi, & Sony PRS-500
Well covered in Orange is your ideal, it's high speed Whispernet, though the Kindle should work where it is green too (slow speed Whispernet). So it sounds like you are good to go.
rflashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert