Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
KO2 Audible in Car

So excitedly having Audible now on KO2 I tried to pair with my Ford Bluetooth and it won't requires a pin which the kindle won't take, so.. have had to continue to use audible on my android phone, any way round this do you think?
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Wouldn't you want to use something more portable, so you're not re-pairing every time you want to keep listening outside the car?

Last edited by vrf; 11-03-2017 at 12:55 AM.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Wouldn't you want to use something more portable, so you're not re-pairing every you want to keep listening outside the car?
KOA should be able to pair with more than one speaker or headset (at least my Kindle 8th gen does). When you turn BT on, it will scan for ‘known’ devices and pair with first one it finds.

The issue is that it seems Ford SYNC’s Bluetooth only pairs with smartphones, which allow you to enter a pin code, and at least from my casual google there’s no way to override this. A ‘security feature’ I suppose.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:20 AM   #4
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
KOA should be able to pair with more than one speaker or headset (at least my Kindle 8th gen does). When you turn BT on, it will scan for ‘known’ devices and pair with first one it finds.
Ah, got it. I haven't used many BlueTooth devices lately.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:30 AM   #5
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
When I paired I didn't have to enter a pin, I just had to confirm that both the car radio and the kindle were both displaying the same pin.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:49 AM   #6
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
When I paired I didn't have to enter a pin, I just had to confirm that both the car radio and the kindle were both displaying the same pin.
Thanks, for some reason my Ford keeps telling me to enter the pin displayed on it's screen to the KO2, and my KO2 does not display a keyboard to type it in,on checking with Amazon ,the KO2 will not accept bluetooth connections requiring a pin!
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote