Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Overdrive on Kobo Libra

This is the first ereader I've had that works with Overdrive directly. I have entered my library/OD info and can connect to my library and borrow a book after browsing. However, I don't see any way to download books which I have reserved on Overdrive that had a hold period. I first tried to do it directly on the Libra, then tried checking out the book on my computer but not downloading, and then looked again on the Libra but the only way to get to OD that I see is through the Store, then it lists Overview, Wishlist and my library name at the top. When I click on the library name I then get the library's categories such as True Crime, children's, Award-winning, etc. but no place to search or access my holds or already checked out bookshelf like I can with the Overdrive app on my tablet.
My Libra has updated to the latest firmware. Is this an Overdrive issue, a Kobo issue or my specific library? or something I've done wrong in setting it up?
Thanks! It's the main reason I upgraded from my beloved Kobo Glo HD, to get the library access easily.

UPDATE - well, the book is now there in my books on the Libra. I didn't have to choose it from anything it just appeared. So as long as its checked out on the computer first it's going to sync automatically I guess but I can't skip that step to check out something on hold.

Last edited by catsknit; 10-15-2019 at 11:01 PM. Reason: new info
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:48 PM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Have you tried syncing your reader? This usually will get books you checked out via your computer to appear on the reader.

However, the Kobo system is dependent on the same exact edition of the book being available on Overdrive and in the Kobo store. I've run into a few books where syncing wouldn't get the book onto my Kobo. In those cases, I had use Adobe Digital Editions to copy the book from my PC to my Kobo via USB.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2019, 01:58 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
UPDATE - well, the book is now there in my books on the Libra. I didn't have to choose it from anything it just appeared. So as long as its checked out on the computer first it's going to sync automatically I guess but I can't skip that step to check out something on hold.
That is as @4691mls said. A sync after the book is checked out elsewhere, should download the book to the device. But, it might not be immediate. It will probably take some time for it to pass through the systems and networks.

Also, the search on the device should have an Overdrive option. That should limit the results to books you can borrow.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
Sometimes a sync and then waiting a bit works for me. I've had some library books that just would not sync to the Kobo, though. Not sure why....
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is as @4691mls said. A sync after the book is checked out elsewhere, should download the book to the device. But, it might not be immediate. It will probably take some time for it to pass through the systems and networks.

Also, the search on the device should have an Overdrive option. That should limit the results to books you can borrow.
Ah, Ok, that makes sense. I was going directly to the Overdrive through the store option and it only allows browse but now I tried the Search and clicked on Overdrive. Thank you.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert