Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2024, 11:46 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=357437 help?

This describes setting up calibre using a flatpak.

I also documented in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=357435 my experience with a non flatpak install.

Currently I'm unable to expand on those being computer less.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:14 PM   #17
_kind_le
Enthusiast
_kind_le began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th gen.
hm... I thought ChromeOS devs disabled "enable linux apps" feature.

Agree that ChromeOS laptops definitelly have their users. And usually it's schools/education segment and some SOHO companies. Centralized management, good battery life and adoption to use weak hardware and a "low" price as an outcome of previous - are really a huge benefit.

But for most power-users it's really not an attractive device. Last time I saw it - there is no actually ability to use internal ssd, only google-drive storage.

For me if you want to go with ChromeOS - any old laptop with openSUSE, Fedora or Arch would be just fine.
_kind_le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 09:03 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The ChromeOS has changed hugely over the years. Currently it's based on a Linux distro (Gentoo?), and originally only a Linux Kernel. Also there are x86-64 and ARM versions.

Current Chomebooks have an SSD and work without the internet. But it's a small SSD.

But any 64 bit laptop with Linux Mint + Mate Desktop is better.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:18 PM   #19
_kind_le
Enthusiast
_kind_le began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th gen.
Got it, ya Gentoo is a good one if you need a very custom stuff. Arch, openSUSE, Fedora, Mint and Ubuntu (order matters) are my fav.
_kind_le is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chrome os