Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 04:29 AM   #16
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks for that link, Taustin. I don't know how I missed the free version when I was looking. I guess they don't go out of their way to promote it.

And I agree with you about the nagware. I have AVG Free on my other laptop, and I get fed up with the constant exhortations to upgrade (although, to be fair, I suppose that's the price you have to pay for having a free product).

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Just in case you're interested Mike: Comodo Internet Security. It's a free AV & firewall combo. I suggest a custom install and turning off the Ask.com searchbar and the GeekBuddy installations. It's not nagware, malware, shareware, etc. The Ask.com and Geekbuddy things are the only issues; both can be separately uninstalled without any loss of functionality.

I mention it simply because it allows temporarily turning off scanning and excluding a specific file path.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 01-31-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #18
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks, Sabardeyn. I'll add Comodo to my list.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #19
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Just in case you're interested Mike: Comodo Internet Security. It's a free AV & firewall combo.
+1 for Comodo. Besides the antivirus en firewall it's a HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System) as well. It will monitor your system for suspicious activity (programs starting it doesn't know about, known programs suddenly behaving oddly, things like that) and will ask you how to handle it.

It's the most comprehensive free protection suite I know of.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote