Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Anyone here running Duokan in the Kindle DX

I recently purchased a Kindle DX for reading PDFs.

It is my understanding that Duokan handles pdf files better then the stock OS, Is this true?
Can anyone who is using Duokan tell me about the performance of it.

Or is there a better solution?

I purchased the DX primarily to read pdf manuals on.

Thank you

Last edited by Harry_Y; 04-01-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
I've tried Duokan three different times and didn't like it. The pdf support was improved under Duokan, however, I just didn't like the UI, it seems unfinished, tended to cause my DX to ghost... it's very easy to install and remove though.

Give it a try, you may like it. I myself will wait until it is cleaned up and improved... if that ever happens.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGoat View Post
I've tried Duokan three different times and didn't like it. The pdf support was improved under Duokan, however, I just didn't like the UI, it seems unfinished, tended to cause my DX to ghost... it's very easy to install and remove though.

Give it a try, you may like it. I myself will wait until it is cleaned up and improved... if that ever happens.

Thank you

It has been a long time since I looked at Duokan,
I may need to just load it up and try it.

I did see where others are working on a replacement
PDF viewer so that may be another way to go.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote