Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #61
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you really want the government to interfere in our net usage? What do you think the government can do for us by meddling with the Internet?

I for one don't want them to get involved.
He is saying he is AGAINST Net Neutrality, which I assume by this he means "governed" neutrality. Where the EFF is for Net Neutrality.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #62
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The first thing to do is go to Windows Explorer.

1. Tools | Folder Options
2. Click the View Tab
3. Under Hidden Files and Folders select Show hidden files and folders-ON
4. Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types-OFF
5. Unckeck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)-OFF

It is your system. You should be able to see all the files, hidden, operating system, and even all the file extensions.

After you do that, click Apply to All Folders.

Now you can see the full filenames of the scripts and can properly rename them.
My files are properly renamed .pyw but they still open in Notepad. So I just start "IDLE (Python GUI)", open the PYW files and choose Run|Run Module (or just click F5). They work fine this way however the Decrypt program freezes when I click Quit (if I click the [X] in the titlebar it closes fine).

Edit: I just tried setting python.exe to be the default program to open PYW files and now they behave correctly. I thought this wasn't working before but I remember now that I had copied to code incorrectly at that point.

Last edited by RobbieClarken; 02-19-2009 at 10:40 PM.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
He is saying he is AGAINST Net Neutrality, which I assume by this he means "governed" neutrality. Where the EFF is for Net Neutrality.

BOb
If I misread, then ignore my previous post in this thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #64
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
Correct. I want ISPs to be free to try any business model they like. If my ISP implements policies that negatively effect my internet I'll change provider without hesitation. No need for one-size-fits-all government mandates or regulation of what (in Australia at least) is a brutally competitive market.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #65
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks, Jon. I get

Error:exception: access violation writing 0x01B813D0
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #66
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
Correct. I want ISPs to be free to try any business model they like. If my ISP implements policies that negatively effect my internet I'll change provider without hesitation. No need for one-size-fits-all government mandates or regulation of what (in Australia at least) is a brutally competitive market.
Way What if you don't have a choice of broadband providers. Many people are in this situation. It is the cable company that has the contract for their area, or nothing.

This is why cable TV is regulated, at least in the US... there are generally no competitors. Yes, there are a few markets where there are. But, the majority of places (at least in the US) most people have a choice of 1 or none.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #67
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I got all the files, installed all OK, ran adeptkey.pyw, got the adeptkey.der, DLed "The Year of the Dog", got a file called "ebx.etd", ran Adeptdecrypt.pyw with that file and got the following error;

Error: File is not a zip file.

Any suggestions where I went wrong? Was that the correct file to try to decrypt?

EDIT: OK, I see JSWolfs note but I am still looking for the epub file. OK got it now.

Second edit: Thanks, Leep & Wallcraft. It helps if you know what you're doing. I hadn't played with epub or Digital Reader previously.

Last edited by slayda; 02-19-2009 at 11:08 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #68
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
you need to run the ebx.etd file first by double clicking on it, which will start up Digital Editions and download your epub book. It will store the file in My documents/my digital editions. Then run the first script which gets the key from you copy of ADE and then the second script which will unDRM your book. Run both of these from the command prompt window and neither needs any parameters.

cheers

Last edited by Leep; 02-19-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: clarification
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #69
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Then run the first script which gets the key and then the second script which will unDRM you book.
You only need run the key script once (to get a key for your Adobe account). From then on the unDRM script should strip the DRM from any ePub encrypted for that account.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #70
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Well I don't love cabbages but I do love all y'all who lit the path for me.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #71
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
This is freaking amazing.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #72
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd love to join the love fest, but I keep getting access violation. I unblocked the file, but can't find anything else under properties to allow it to run. Darn vista.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #73
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I'd love to join the love fest, but I keep getting access violation. I unblocked the file, but can't find anything else under properties to allow it to run. Darn vista.
Let me know if you find out it is indeed Vista or something else.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 AM   #74
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I will. The second file works fine, I just have to get the darn key!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #75
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I don't have Vista, but I got the "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." error mentioned earlier in the thread initially under XP because I had the wrong version of Python installed. I got round this by uninstalling 2.5 and installing 2.6. Based on other comments, the least error prone approach may be to download Python 2.5.4 and PyCrypto 2.0.1 for Python 2.5 (post #20). However, 2.6 worked for me, and see post #32 if it does not.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adept, adobe epub drm, ainept, drm, drm removal, drm-free epub, inept