Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #91
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can give you two very good examples. Overdrive and Google. Both need ADE 2.0.1 and as other companies update their Adobe DRM server, they won't work with 1.7.2. There probably are others that don't work with 1.7.2. So why start with something broken when you can go with something that works?
But if someone uses neither OverDrive nor Google books there's no compelling reason to upgrade to 2.0.1. I vastly preferred 1.7.2 and stayed with it as long as it worked with OverDrive. 2.0.1 is slower and less stable at least in my experience.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #92
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Given my BAD experiences with ADE 3.0 at Kobo Help's insistence, I am rather loath to try moving to ADE 2.01 at this time.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
But if someone uses neither OverDrive nor Google books there's no compelling reason to upgrade to 2.0.1. I vastly preferred 1.7.2 and stayed with it as long as it worked with OverDrive. 2.0.1 is slower and less stable at least in my experience.
It's been so long since I've used 1.7.2 that I cannot say if it is faster or not. But I can say for sure that 1.7.2 is not more stable than 2.0.1. 2.0.1 has been very stable under Windows 7, Vista, 8.1, & 10.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #94
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's been so long since I've used 1.7.2 that I cannot say if it is faster or not. But I can say for sure that 1.7.2 is not more stable than 2.0.1. 2.0.1 has been very stable under Windows 7, Vista, 8.1, & 10.
It crashes on me regularly when I return books.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #95
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Yeah, crashes on me regularly too under wine on FreeBSD. Still, it does the job. For example, if it crashes when I click to return a book, the book always gets returned before the crash (at least that's what has always happened to me so far.)
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote