Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Half Off on Marvelous Land of Oz (and I don't know why) - $0.99 DRM-free kindle

I'm Cathy Ryan, the Editor in Chief of Eltanin Publishing. Soon we will have some books out by great new authors. In the meantime, we've published a few public domain books that we have formatted and spruced up - well formatted images, "jumpable" chapters, clickable table of contents, etc.

I'm writing today because The Marvelous Land of Oz is currently on sale for half off - $0.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T5NI8S

When we published The Marvelous Land of Oz on Amazon, Amazon wouldn't let us post it for $0.99 because it is over 3 MB (they have rules about price and file size, presumably because they are paying the bandwidth fees to send it over 3G). They insisted on $1.99. Well, yesterday I noticed that Amazon dropped the price to $0.99! I don't know why, but if you are interested, grab it because I have no idea how long it will last at that price.

The book is DRM-free, so you can buy the Amazon version and convert it to ePub if you want to read it on other devices (such as color Nook - about 10 of the 130 images are color).

Last edited by EltaninPub; 05-06-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EltaninPub View Post
I we've published a few public domain books that we have formatted and spruced up - well formatted images, "jumpable" chapters, clickable table of contents, etc.
I've just bought "The Marvellous Land of Oz" to look at your formatting. On the whole, very nice.

One change I'd make would be to remove the first line text indent from the first paragraph of each chapter.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

pdurrant - thanks for buying it, and thanks for the suggestion. We'll take that into consideration for the next book that we are currently formatting, Ozma of Oz. The first edition of Land of Oz does have the first line indented, but I also realize that many books do not - perhaps especially with "up caps" (larger first letter).

Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EltaninPub View Post
The first edition of Land of Oz does have the first line indented, but I also realize that many books do not - perhaps especially with "up caps" (larger first letter).
Ah — so it was a deliberate decision. Even if it did appear like that in the first printed edition, I'd be very tempted to change it for your ebook edition.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Well, you convinced us, pdurrant! We're finishing up Ozma of Oz now, and the first line isn't indented.

Closed Thread