Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-03-2019, 03:32 AM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I signed up for Prime earlier today Already looking for deals Kinda hoping Audible for 1 year for 12 credits at $100 will pop up.
It won't. The best you'll get is the offer below:

Quote:
Audible –Save 66% on your first 3 months of Audible – just $4.95 a month. Or save $30 when you sign up for an annual Audible membership and get an Echo Dot for just $0.99.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #32
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Get $10 to spend on prime day when you spend $10 at Whole Foods.

Prime members: scan your Prime Code, use your linked mobile phone number at checkout, or make an order via Prime Now for delivery or pickup in the U.S. between July 3, 2019 and July 16, 2019 on a single purchase of $10 or more from Whole Foods Market. Exclusions apply.

You'll get $10 to spend on Amazon for Prime Day, a two-day parade of epic deals starting July 15, 2019 12am PT. Limit one per customer. See all terms and conditions below.

https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=18289...2710_418945430
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 08:02 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Prime Day Concert 2019 -- live on Prime Video -- starts Wed 10 July @ 9 PM EDT

Quote:
Tune in to see Taylor Swift performing live with Dua Lipa, SZA, Becky G, and host Jane Lynch. Presented by Amazon Music, exclusively for Prime members.
Quote:
Amazon Music announces that 10-time GRAMMY Award-winning artist and one of the most influential artists of our time, Taylor Swift, will headline the Prime Day Concert on July 10, 2019, streaming live on Prime Video at 9 p.m. ET in a first-of-its-kind event that celebrates the best in Amazon entertainment, exclusively for Prime members. The Prime Day Concert presented by Amazon Music will provide an unforgettable experience for members worldwide with an evening of additional performances from chart-topping artists including two-time GRAMMY Award-winning artist Dua Lipa, multi-award-winning artist SZA, and global superstar Becky G. Hosted by award-winning actress Jane Lynch (TheMarvelous Mrs. Maisel, Glee), the Prime Day Concert presented by Amazon Music will be available to Prime members to stream on-demand after the live show for a limited time on Prime Video, which will include select songs from each performance. For more details on the show, and to add it to your watch list, head to primevideo.com/primedayconcert.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 AM   #34
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Spend $20 on e-books and get a $5 credit for e-books.

Spotted this banner ad on Amazon US...apparently this is part of Prime Day, since you have to be a Prime member, and the spend period ends July 14, the day before Prime Day(s). However, if you get the required spend by July 14, you then have 30 days (not just the two Prime Days) to use the $5 credit. I'm putting the initial info here in the quote, and then all of the T&Cs are in the spoiler, since they're quite long.

Quote:
EXCLUSIVELY FOR PRIME MEMBERS
Spend $20 and Get $5
Get $5 back in eBook credit when you spend $20 on eBooks between July 5 and July 14, 2019.
Steps to get you started:
1. Click Activate Now
2. Spend $20 on eBooks by July 14, 2019
3. Get $5 back in eBook credit
We'd love your feedback. Tell us what you think so that we can make your next offer even better!
link: https://www.amazon.com/kr/07f8a9bb-a...3-e0ad22000f21

Spoiler:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
  • This offer is exclusive to Amazon Prime customers.
  • This is a limited time offer.
  • Offer applies to all Kindle eBooks made available through Amazon.com and smile.amazon.com, including eBook gift purchases and bulk eBook orders that are redeemed within the offer period.
  • Offer does not apply to eBook pre-orders, physical goods, digital magazines, audiobooks (including Audible companions for your Kindle eBook purchase), print books, or digital subscriptions such as Kindle Unlimited.
  • To receive a promotional credit, you must (1) activate the offer and (2) purchase the specified amount on any Kindle eBooks by 11:59 PM (PDT) on July 14, 2019. You will then receive a promotional credit, and this credit will be automatically applied to your next Kindle eBook purchase. Any Kindle eBook sold on Amazon.com is eligible for this credit.
  • Offer limited to one per customer and account.
  • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  • Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC.
  • Within 4 days of activating the offer and spending the specified amount on Kindle eBooks, you will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit. You can view your available eBook credit balance on any Kindle eBook detail page.
  • Promotional credit expires 30 days after it is applied to your account.
  • Taxes and add-on purchases to the qualifying purchase (like an Audible companion) do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
  • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
  • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.

EDIT: I originally thought this was a generic offer, but now it appears it may be targeted, and there may be some ID in the link, because when I originally pasted (and tested) the link, it showed an "Activate" button. After posting this, I activated the offer, and now when I check the link (some little naggy voice in my head made me do it), it goes to a page that shows that I have activated it, and the button says "Shop Now".

Could someone else please try the link, and let us know if it still already shows activated, or if you get a chance to activate the offer for yourself. And/or if anyone knows which part of the link is the minimum essential part - I tried several versions of it, trying to get a generic link, but kept getting a "Dog of Amazon" .

If it's targeted, then I guess this post is just a heads-up to look for the banner ad yourself...

Last edited by sufue; 07-05-2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added additional info on link
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Spend $20 on e-books and get a $5 credit for e-books.

EDIT: I originally thought this was a generic offer, but now it appears it may be targeted, and there may be some ID in the link, because when I originally pasted (and tested) the link, it showed an "Activate" button. After posting this, I activated the offer, and now when I check the link (some little naggy voice in my head made me do it), it goes to a page that shows that I have activated it, and the button says "Shop Now".

Could someone else please try the link, and let us know if it still already shows activated, or if you get a chance to activate the offer for yourself. And/or if anyone knows which part of the link is the minimum essential part - I tried several versions of it, trying to get a generic link, but kept getting a "Dog of Amazon" .

If it's targeted, then I guess this post is just a heads-up to look for the banner ad yourself...
You're okay. I just checked and it will allow me to activate.
Advert
Old 07-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #36
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whew! Glad that worked, after typing all that out.

And also glad it didn't automatically log you in as me or something like that, too. Not that I really thought Amazon would be that careless, but YNK...

And glad seems not to be targeted - now back to the theory that it's for any and all Prime members...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You're okay. I just checked and it will allow me to activate.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:38 PM   #37
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Free returns with no box, tape, or label needed

Quote:
Amazon makes returns even easier with thousands of free drop off options for millions of items.

Our goal at Amazon is to make buying online – and returning – as easy as possible and we are expanding free, convenient returns on millions of items for our customers. In fact, most customers will have at least one free return option included on millions of items purchased on Amazon in the U.S.

We understand that finding a box and tape, and printing a label for a return can still be a hassle. Now, most Amazon returns are easier than ever with no box required. After getting a QR code from the Amazon Return Center, items can simply be handed to an associate without a box or label, and they will pack and ship it for free.

Our free, no-box returns are available at:

Amazon Physical Stores
Customers can easily return eligible products at Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, across the U.S. Customers simply need to walk in to our convenient and secure locations staffed with helpful associates, show the QR code, hand over their package in the original manufacturer’s packaging, and walk out. Returns are also free at AmazonFresh Pickup, and Amazon Hub Locker+ locations but customers will need to bring their items in a box or box it up using the provided materials.

Kohl’s
Amazon customers are able to return eligible items at 1,150 Kohl’s locations across 48 states, without a box, for free.

Whole Foods Markets
Select stores have no-box returns, lockers and Locker+ options with more coming soon.

The UPS Store
Customers can also choose to return eligible items free of charge at more than 4,768 UPS Stores nationwide with no box required for most items.

Most items fulfilled by Amazon will qualify for a free return option. For customers who prefer to choose a packaged drop off option, that choice will remain in addition to other options, some which may require a fee. All return options will be clearly shown in the Returns Center to ensure customers can select the available option that best suits their needs.

Customers can buy with confidence knowing Amazon has great selection, fast shipping, low prices, and easy, hassle-free returns.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Here's a great deal for the Amazon Echo 2. Thanks to John F for the tip

The last time it was this low was during last year's Black Friday from QVC when you bought two.

This Echo supports stereo pairing. When you buy two and pair them, you'll hear true stereo sound. One Echo will play the left channel and the other one will play the right channel. I do this with two Dot 3s and it sounds great. Doing this with two Echo 2s will deliver even better sound since the Echo has two speakers (2.5" + 0.6") and the Dot only has one speaker (1.6").

* Echo Stereo System Device Compatibility

* Set Up Echo Speakers For Stereo Sound

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-01-2019 at 01:12 AM. Reason: corrected speaker size
Old 07-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #39
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've used the UPS no box return for my last couple of returns and it's great.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

I wonder if Amazon is planing an upgrade for the Echo 2. This is half off the retail price of $99.99 and $20 off the recent sale price of $69.99. This Echo was released nearly two years ago in Oct 2017 so an upgrade is certainly possible given the age of this device. Additionally, the Echo 2 has the older styling of sharp edges compared to the newer styling of rounded edges found on the Dot 3 and Echo Plus 2.

Time will tell.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I've used the UPS no box return for my last couple of returns and it's great.
Cool, how long did it take Amazon to credit your card back?
Old 07-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #42
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Once again, Amazon is offering deals that aren't deals. For example, the offers for Amazon Music, Kindle Unlimited, and Prime Book Box are only for first time users. What about existing customers? Don't they deserve any love?
I have searched the ad for the three month free KU membership, and I can't find anywhere that it says "only for first time users". In the past, I have noted mention of this, but not THIS time. Tell me if I'm missing something. Below is a link to the deal, and a link to the terms and conditions of the deal, and a link to the terms and conditions of general KU. Can you tell me where it says only for first time users? Otherwise, I plan to sign up. This would be my third KU trial.

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/hz...alEnabled=true

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=19256757011

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201556940
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I have searched the ad for the three month free KU membership, and I can't find anywhere that it says "only for first time users". In the past, I have noted mention of this, but not THIS time. Tell me if I'm missing something. Below is a link to the deal, and a link to the terms and conditions of the deal, and a link to the terms and conditions of general KU. Can you tell me where it says only for first time users? Otherwise, I plan to sign up. This would be my third KU trial.
You're not missing anything. I don't see that restriction either. The only restriction I see is that you must be a Prime member. I based my post from this section of Amazon's press release:

Quote:
Kindle Unlimited – Prime members who haven't yet tried Kindle Unlimited can get their first three months of unlimited reading free when they sign up.
Go for it. The worst that can happen is that you'll be denied. Let us know what happens.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-01-2019 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #44
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Cool, how long did it take Amazon to credit your card back?
Same as a package dropped off at UPS - soon after it gets scanned. Usually it's a couple of hours.

Edit: I usually choose to get my refund on a gift card. I don't know if that makes it quicker.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #45
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I'm really uninformed on how Amazon Music works, but I do remember seeing a bunch of discussion a while back when Amazon quit allowing people to upload and store more than a few of their own songs.

Is there any way to play your own music through Alexa/Echo, or just the stuff you have bought from Amazon (or have access via Prime Music or Amazon Music Unlimited)?

Quote:

The last time it was this low was during last year's Black Friday from QVC when you bought two.

This Echo supports stereo pairing. When you buy two and pair them, you'll hear true stereo sound. One Echo will play the left channel and the other one will play the right channel. I do this with two Dot 3s and it sounds great. Doing this with two Echo 2s will deliver even better sound since the Echo has two speakers (2.5" + 0.6") and the Dot only has one speaker (0.6").

* Echo Stereo System Device Compatibility

* Set Up Echo Speakers For Stereo Sound