Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
Sugestion. Filter by book status

Yes I can delete readed books or change It to another folder. But for me is best only filter by pendings books(book status).
Thank's!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
scampbell
scampbell began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Boox Max 2 Pro
To add to this, it would be great to filter by metadata, particularly tags or publisher. I use tags in Calibre to create 'shelves' of fiction, nonfiction, short-fiction, work-related, scifi, etc. Reproducing that in KOReader would make it much easier to find stuff.

I started writing my own a prototype plugin for Wallabag epubs that can filter by tags and hide epubs with "finished" status. I haven't tested it outside of the Wallabag storage directory, but I suspect that my current method of reading metadata for a few dozen files would not scale well for hundreds. Some kind of cache might work, so I've started reviewing how the coverbrowser plugin works.

In any case, a generic file filter for document properties such as book status and metadata would be great, and I'm slowly working on my own until/unless someone else gets to it first.
scampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for your interest scampbell!

Btw, there's some kind of calibre search (e.g., by tag) in the file browser. I don't use it so I don't really know the specifics.

See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/4951 for more generic discussion.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I don't recall playing much with the tags bit of it, but I do use it for Author/Title/Series search, and that is solid .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #5
scampbell
scampbell began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Boox Max 2 Pro
Hi Frenzie. Thanks for the tip and the link.

I didn't know about the calibre search, though that wouldn't work with Wallabag. The whole reason I'm doing this is that I started with Pocket and the standard Kobo reader software. I was happy for a while, but Pocket doesn't filter by tags on the Kobo. Wallabag in KOReader doesn't either, so I wrote my own plugin for that. Then I got thinking about filtering the metadata in all files.

That github thread about a metadata index has lots to chew on. My own needs and workflow are straightforward enough that writing my own plugin wouldn't be that hard, but a system that works for everyone is obviously much more complicated.
scampbell is offline   Reply With Quote