Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
I wish this problem is solved at the next firmware update by iRex staffs.. Could it be?
Depends on what the problem is. For the calibration drift at the edges of the screen, is that a software or hardware problem? Sounds like other wacom based devices have similar issues.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #17
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
It's interesting that the eDGe refresh rate is significantly faster. I would have expected that to be limited more by eInk than anything specific to the device.
In absolute terms it's not that much faster, but the feeling is significant when the e-ink keeps up with the stylus point even just a little bit better.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #18
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellaster View Post
In absolute terms it's not that much faster, but the feeling is significant when the e-ink keeps up with the stylus point even just a little bit better.
I think there are tweaks they can make in the software to how the device does refreshes, but there are usually trade offs as well. IE, faster refreshes also usually cause more ghosting.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #19
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I think there are tweaks they can make in the software to how the device does refreshes, but there are usually trade offs as well. IE, faster refreshes also usually cause more ghosting.
No difference that I can tell in quality of drawing, but you may be correct that it's not a faster e-ink refresh but rather faster software processing.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote