Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Well, I'm doing it !

Hows that for a title....

Im waiting for my drive now to go to the local Costco and buy the LIBRE !!!

So, anyone who was encouraging... I got your number..

Just kidding. There's really no option for me, Libre or nothing (even though I got a Tungsten T2 PDA... oh well)

Hopefully it's more than a gadget.
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Bigness
Bigness began at the beginning.

Device: Libre Pro
I got the Libre last week and have been loving it. Takes a while getting used to reading on it rather than a book, but it's worth it. I've found that epub work better than pdf, with rtf being the worst (mainly for layout and line/paragraph/page breaks). I also like the different sized fonts - I can read again without my glasses
Bigness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
Glad you made your decision. I waited till it dropped to 139 at mwave before buying. In early February, Frys.com had it at an even better price of 129 but it ran out after a few days, I missed it because like you I was wondering if it would just be another "gadget" that would sit around collecting dust.

I also have a tungsten PDA and I think I can only keep that open for only 4-5 hours before the battery runs out because of the backlight. The libre will last much longer. I just downloaded my first library book and am enjoying it immensely.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
My main motivation was being able to bring it on camping trips. (USB car charger solves the battery problem.) But being able to sit in bed with a thin device like this, and not worsen my wrists (which are getting better, but not there yet, since I buggered them up a few months back) was a good short-term motivator too. Saving shelf space certainly doesn't hurt either!
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote