Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
crionox
Enthusiast
crionox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, iPhone, iPad
My First Drop

Well, I guess it's bound to happen to everyone at some point. And like getting the first ding in your new car, I'm glad that it's out of the way, and resulted in no damage other than my heart skipping a beat or two.

In short, my kindle was dropped yesterday. Not by me, so I wasn't being careless.

I was chatting around after church, and a couple people asked me about my kindle I was carrying around ("Is that a computer?"). So I told them what it was and showed it off. I offered to let them play with it... and within a few moments it was on the floor.

Granted, I didn't see the actual fall, as I was talking to the other person present. But it was from roughly waist high, maybe slightly higher. Even though I didn't see it, it was enough of a fall that the kindle was out of its leather case, and the back cover had slid off.

Fortunately, it seems no worse for the trip. It's been working perfectly fine both yesterday and today. Here's hoping...

David
crionox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I'm just wondering, when you yelled "Jesus Christ!!", did everyone say "Amen"?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
crionox
Enthusiast
crionox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
All I can say is that if your kindle drops and you're not in church, you're on your own...
crionox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
pastors everywhere are amazed at the sudden influx of geeky strangers filling their churches. all of them seem to be carrying the same strange device, and staring at it instead of a hymnal. full report at 11.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Now that is funny. I laughed harder at this than at the squirrel story.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #6
Indigo Ink
The curious one!
Indigo Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook, Ebookman 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
pastors everywhere are amazed at the sudden influx of geeky strangers filling their churches. all of them seem to be carrying the same strange device, and staring at it instead of a hymnal. full report at 11.
Where in the ETHER is your tabloid published. I would like to subscribe to it and I want it delivered by express delivery to my (yet to be bought) eink-device in the hope that it might ‘kindle’ something great in us lesser mortals.

Last edited by Indigo Ink; 04-29-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Indigo Ink is offline   Reply With Quote