Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #31
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rene233 View Post
Ditto on the customer care...terrible. I am still waiting to hear from them on books purchased that disappeared because of a forced restart which popped up on my screen.
I was waiting to hear from them too, when actually my spam filter seemed to have dealt with their emails. I sent them an email and from then everything was fine and the representative was very nice. Good luck to you
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I've mentioned this before, but it needs to be repeated from time to time: I have had nothing but positive experiences with Kobo's customer support team, and I've dealt with them several times now.

As with any business, it appears that experiences with customer care varies. And you have to keep in mind that forums like these tend to accumulate the negative encounters, not the positive ones.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #33
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I've had to contact Kobo a couple of times and they were helpful. The previous poster is right-almost no one takes to the internet after having a positive experience. They almost always do after a negative one.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #34
AustinR
AustinR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rene233 View Post
Ditto on the customer care...terrible. I am still waiting to hear from them on books purchased that disappeared because of a forced restart which popped up on my screen.
My Touch recently updated its software and subsequently several books disappeared from the e-reader (but not from my Kobo account).

I got a help response to my email within 48hours. As several posters have noted it was a lot of boilerplate stuff but did contain the solution; which I had already done myself. Factory reset. It took a while to resync books from my account but now they stay on the e-reader.

Now, if only I could figure out why the Kobo desktop is glacially slow. Gave up on that one after many email exchanges.

Austin
AustinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #35
woe
woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I've had to contact Kobo a couple of times and they were helpful. The previous poster is right-almost no one takes to the internet after having a positive experience. They almost always do after a negative one.
That's a facile (and clichéd) way to discount anecdotal reports. It might even be reasonable, if every person had only one encounter with the customer care department. But I've had half a dozen, and not a single one has been what I would call positive. At best they've been just adequate, at worst shriekingly frustrating.

At this very moment I'm still waiting for a first reply to an report of missing cover art I sent them last Wednesday. Consider it a test. To date: automated acknowledgement, nothing subsequent. (And don't advise me to phone them on this one. I'm not going to recite a Kobo store URL to them over the telephone.)
woe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #36
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I'm curious: what do you mean by missing cover art?
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #37
Vivian
Connoisseur
Vivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by woe View Post
[*]Kobo ereaders don't synchronise "finished" status. I have two ereaders connected to my Kobo account. A book finished on one will, after everything is subsequently synced, show up on the other as 1% done.
I complained about this to Kobo months ago. I'm disappointed to hear that they still haven't done anything about it. It's really a no-brainer that when you sync to your library to get a new book, you don't want to lose your place in all the books you're currently reading. It's very inconvenient the way it is now and I can't imagine that it would be very difficult to fix, so why don't they just do it already?
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 AM   #38
woe
woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
I'm curious: what do you mean by missing cover art?
I mean this: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Bruno...Wkmz_BvBS8Wnqw

That's a standard Kobo placeholder image.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #39
woe

[duplicate post deleted]

Last edited by woe; 04-24-2013 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Duplicate post (oops)