Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #16
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keili View Post
I'm sorry for not clarifying where I get those so called "horror stories" from. I assumed it was a common enough problem and there was no need to specify a source.

It's mostly from Amazon's customer feedback.
Besides the much more expensive (and hence I expect more carefully cared for) DXG, the K3 is the oldest-selling Kindle at the moment, so I'd imagine by the sheer volume of units sold it might outnumber all the other kindles in terms of broken screens. Not in percentage, but in number.

As far as I understand, every e-ink ebook manufacturer (save for some russian outfit which bought the french company) uses the e-ink screens made by the same manufacturer by the same technology, so all the modern e-ink screens are equally prone to breakage.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote