Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WPA2 bug in 6.3 update?

Does anyone else have this problem: I can't type in a 64-character WPA2 hex key after the 6.3 update! As soon as I type in the 64th character in the WiFi password box, it says it's too long. And for good measure, it deleted the key that had previously been entered. :-(

I suppose as a workaround I could switch to a shorter ASCII key at home, but then I'd have to update all the devices at home.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, so I changed my network password to use a shorter ASCII key. And the Fire refuses to connect now. (Two laptops, a Wii and an Archos tablet all connect just fine.)
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
pruss
Evangelist

OK, got it. For some reason, my router was blocking the Fire. I wonder if the update gave it a new MAC address (I have MAC filtering on the router).
Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
my router still let me in and I do mac address filtering
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
No problems whatsoever with my router or access point and I use MAC filtering.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
pruss
Evangelist

It may be that after trying several times to log in unsuccessfully, the router locked out the MAC address.

But the inability to enter a 64-character hex key is a real issue. There are networks that only have a hex key.