Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Calibre sends AZW instead of MOBI by email

I do not know if it is a feature or an error.

I have Calibre configured for Kindle as default device.

In my library, each time I purchase a book in Amazon I de-DRM it and put in the library as mobi while maintaining the DRMed one in the same book entry. Then I have the same book in AZK and MOBI.

When I decide to send the book to other Kindle device, Calibre sends AZW one instead of MOBI. And Amazon complains telling that cannot process the ebook.

Why Calibre sends AZK? Is there any way to change that and force to send the Mobi version?

The reason for this is because I have one Kindle registered in another account and I want to send my purchased books to that kindle. In Spain that is not illegal because all Kindles are mine.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Why Calibre sends AZK? Is there any way to change that and force to send the Mobi version?
AZW is the first format listed in my Preferences -> Sharing books by email entry. Perhaps shuffling them around (or removing AZW entirely) will work?

I haven't tried it, though.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
In the Kindle 2/3 Device Interface Plugin settings (Prefs->Plugins->Device Interface plugins), you can select, un-select, and prioritize the different formats for that device. Just make sure the mobi format has a higher priority that the azw format. Or just un-check the azw format if you're never going to be sending it to a Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka
AZW is the first format listed in my Preferences -> Sharing books by email entry. Perhaps shuffling them around (or removing AZW entirely) will work?
That sounds like the easiest solution to me.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

More easy impossible. Sigh!

It seems work because I've not received the error email...
Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
In the Kindle 2/3 Device Interface Plugin settings (Prefs->Plugins->Device Interface plugins), you can select, un-select, and prioritize the different formats for that device. Just make sure the mobi format has a higher priority that the azw format. Or just un-check the azw format if you're never going to be sending it to a Kindle.

That sounds like the easiest solution to me.
That does not work. The only way is change it in email options.
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
I don't use Calibre much, but wouldn't that be easier if you just send the MOBI file through your regular email instead of trying to make it work in Calibre?
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
rfog
Guru

Well, that was the way I did before start using Calibre, but I had problems with the organization of my ebooks and Calibre, apart form its intrinsically slowness, is a very good catalog manager.

Now once I've purchased an ebook I pass it through my MAC DeDRM 3.1 tool, put it in Calibre (both DRMed and not DRMed version) and take Calibre do all the work for me.

It's the best option I've found.

I do not purchase only from Amazon. I have a T1 and a Nook and Calibre manages automatically all the format conversions and so.