Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #46
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks, but I'll touch base with her at the end of the week if I haven't heard anything before. I don't want her to feel that she's being "double teamed."

One way or the other, the story is "Green, Green, Blue."
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:41 AM   #47
mrmarlowe
Zealot
mrmarlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Then I think I'll pass on this one. As I have said in another context, 1000 is just too short for me. I've got it down to 1127, but only by trimming out more than I want to.
Yeah well. I sent her my 1,400-word with a msg. Let me see what she has to say. The trimming would make the story somewhat meaningless tho, lol!
mrmarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:43 AM   #48
mrmarlowe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Thanks, but I'll touch base with her at the end of the week if I haven't heard anything before. I don't want her to feel that she's being "double teamed."

I tell you what, I think we can take all the stories of the forum members 'she rejects', group them into an anthology and publish the ebook at smashwords. That way, we don't have to miss out on them.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:55 AM   #49
mrmarlowe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
heheh. I know of SIX people know in the anthology directly because of me, 7 if I include myself. Can anyone say takeover? MUHAHAHAHAH

Please let me know when you decide to start your anthology. I will sure contribute to it.

Meanwhile, I will continue to yell 'S-T-E-LL-A!' until I hear back from her (kidding)
Old 02-20-2014, 06:46 AM   #50
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarlowe View Post
Please let me know when you decide to start your anthology. I will sure contribute to it.

No thanks! I have seen the amount of work this takes by watching form the sidelines. Not interested. Not at all.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:01 AM   #51
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I sent a brief email this evening. She hasn't gotten to it yet, so it's still a possibility. (Crossed fingers.)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #52
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This was just posted last night...

Quote:
Fresh update* Feb 20* 11.15 pm Ohio time

First off Stella is very sorry she hasnt yet gotten back to a few of you
She's still in the middle of a family/home move as well as local flooding and her gmail is on the fritz off and on
That's not a total excuse but a chunk of it is beyond her control and she apologizes

Meantime in this homestretch as we approach the deadline of Feb 28 you can use My email to submit and I can
forward the story to her and we'll use my file as a backup if her email crashes

She HAS told me that she does have drop box so a huge number of submissions are already in there
but from today onward send your stuff to my email* * >>>>>>* * frank.zubek@yahoo.com
I'll keep it in my own drop box as well as forward it to her as she is still the editor of the project
but I WILL reply to let you know I got the story

If I do not reply to you in say 3 days assume something went wrong and ask me
Thanks so much for your understanding and patience
Frank and Stella

Old 02-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #53
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm sorry to hear that she had issues with local flooding. I hope she was able to get everything out in time.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #54
cromag

Just got an email -- my story's in.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #55
VydorScope
Wizard

Yay!! I got concerned because the mentioned having to reject some. Which is always the case I guess, but when you had not heard.... but glad you made it. Yay!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #56
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Yay!! I got concerned because the mentioned having to reject some. Which is always the case I guess, but when you had not heard.... but glad you made it. Yay!
Yeah, people tend to put off delivering bad news. I was worried, too.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #57
mrmarlowe
Zealot

Quote:
Yeah, people tend to put off delivering bad news. I was worried, too.
I got rejected anyway but no worries. I published the story (free) on Smashwords.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #58
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarlowe View Post
I got rejected anyway but no worries. I published the story (free) on Smashwords.

You're welcome to create a self-promotional post in the Self-Promotional forum, following - as all knowledgeable and courteous authors do - our posting guidelines for self-promotion.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 02-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #59
mrmarlowe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

You're welcome to create a self-promotional post in the Self-Promotional forum, following - as all knowledgeable and courteous authors do - our posting guidelines for self-promotion.

Don
(Moderator)
I did it here, thanks (just thought I should let you know)

[Link deleted - Understood - but promotional links are not allowed outside of the Self-Promotional forum. Make sure you read our posting guidelines for self-promotion. If you have any questions, please PM me - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-24-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:20 AM   #60
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I just received an email: My story has been accepted.