Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #301
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimasic View Post
Reflow mode is almost unusable since it crashes both on pdf and djvu.

Highlights are stored in /librerator/history/ in lua files along with corresponding page numbers and screen coordinates of highlight rectangle. But I don't know a simple way to export it into source pdf file even with help of Big Brother.
thanks, that's what I thought about the reflow. The other issue I have when I zoom and pan is that I would like to have continuous scrolling instead of page by page. Because when I pan at the end of a page and then turn the page I am again at the bottom and have to pan to the top of the new page. Is there a setting somewhere? My Irex was able to do this type of scrolling.
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #302
sk8terek
sk8terek began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
I have two questions about Librerator:

1. Is there any possibility to make Librerator display font-based bolds and italics instead of doing it with Librerator itself?
2. Why Librerator does not keep kerning measurements included in font files?
sk8terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #303
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
@Jedidiah "How do I make Librerator pull up all the fonts from a family?"

I have also been experimenting with better fonts for epubs and have seen the same treatment of the font families. I have also used the PT_Serif and NotoSerif with very good results. I have found the epub correctly selects the regular, italic and bold fonts automatically as intended by the author when just the family is selected from the font menu. I don't think there is a way to select just the bold or italic for the base font when only the family is presented as a choice. Is that your interest?

The DroidSerif font is a very nice font and can be found here:
google.com/webfonts/specimen/Droid+Serif

Click the download 'down arrow' to get the TTF files in a ZIP.

@sk8terek
I have just started using KPV and unless the crengine in Liberator is slightly different then the bolds and italics are already displayed correctly if the font families are available. Have you tried adding your own font families like the Noto family? I imagine the crengine in Liberator might build its own italics and bolds if those were not available except I haven't tried everything and would want to avoid that need so prefer using complete font families.

Last edited by donB006; 10-18-2013 at 09:28 PM.
donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #304
sk8terek

Quote:
Originally Posted by donB006 View Post
@sk8terek
I have just started using KPV and unless the crengine in Liberator is slightly different then the bolds and italics are already displayed correctly if the font families are available. Have you tried adding your own font families like the Noto family? I imagine the crengine in Liberator might build its own italics and bolds if those were not available except I haven't tried everything and would want to avoid that need so prefer using complete font families.
Yeah, I copied font family files into sepearate folder and it works. But I have to delete all the black, light and condensed versions and leave only regular, bold, italic and bold-italic ttf-s or otf-s (yes, Librerator supports otf-s ).
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #305
sk8terek

I have another question. My epub includes its own css and fonts. Is there any possibility to omit Librerator's default (or set) styles and fonts and use the epub's ones?
Old 10-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #306
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
I have only been using KPV in my new KDX and Librerator in my old KDX for a short time and am also now working on the CSS. There is an option in KPV to use no external CSS while that option is not in the Librerator. I have tried that option in the KPV and think only the internal CSS is used when there is no external CSS selected.

I have also created my own custom CSS and put that in my KPV data directory. I only have an entry to change the paragraph to left alignment and set the indent length. I imagine you could also have a totally empty external local.css and so the internal CSS would be used without modification.

I have used the KPV and Librerator to select my own fonts so that should override the embedded fonts. I doubt there is a way to display the embedded fonts except I am still a beginner with this software so maybe an expert can be more certain.

Edit: I have just tried the Cool Reader CR3 and updated to the 20 Oct 2013 build. The CR3 has an option in the settings for "enable internal styles css" and an option for "enable internal fonts" for the epubs. I think the CR3 has a newer version of the crengine than used in the Librerator so I still don't know if Librerator can use the embedded fonts. The CR3 doesn't have the pdf reader and also seems slower except I haven't tried optimizing all of the options. The CR3 does seem to work so might be a choice if you really need the internal fonts.

Last edited by donB006; 10-26-2013 at 09:42 PM.
donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #307
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Running KPV on K3 had ghosting above and bottom of some pages when viewing PDF files. I'm glad that Librerator does not inherit that issue! Thanks and I hope you keep it updated alongside the KPV (or KOReader) project.

Though, it would have been nice if the highlights created in Kindle's PDF or Mobi viewer could be shown in Librerator too. Is that possible? Also, highlights in Librerator are not shown when document is opened in Kindle's own viewer. so many standards.

Also, if anyone knows: Is it possible to move your book and its notes and highlights from Kindle Touch to Kindle keyboard? I copy all the sbr folder from KT to K3, but it doesn't show.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-26-2013 at 12:05 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #308
antithesis
Avid reader
antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle DX White
In KPV there were plans for a dictionary implementation, since crengine supports that. Are there any such plans for Librerator?

Last edited by antithesis; 10-27-2013 at 02:33 PM.
antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #309
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by donB006
I have found the epub correctly selects the regular, italic and bold fonts automatically as intended by the author when just the family is selected from the font menu. I don't think there is a way to select just the bold or italic for the base font when only the family is presented as a choice. Is that your interest?
Thanks, I didn't think of that. What threw me off was that Librerator displays fonts in some preloaded families like NimbusMonL separately in the menu, but not in any user added families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donB006
The DroidSerif font is a very nice font and can be found here:
google.com/webfonts/specimen/Droid+Serif
Unfortunately the Droid Serif from Google Fonts does not support cyrillic characters which I needed, but I was eventually able to find a version that did. It's here I think in case somebody else needs it: http://www.cufonfonts.com/en/font/127/droid-serif
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #310
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by donB006 View Post
I think the CR3 has a newer version of the crengine than used in the Librerator so I still don't know if Librerator can use the embedded fonts.
I asked this question earlier and this is Kai's answer (post #281 of this thread): "Librerator doesn't support embedded fonts in epub. You might have more luck with newer version of KPV." I never tried KPV since I was happy with Droid Serif when I finally found it.
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #311
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The Italian translation proceeds and it works.
I just finished the send!
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #312
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really like KPV and Librerator. Seeing you're part of KOReader team, can you port your (non-intrusive) changes back to KPV?

To be specific, the feature I like about Librerator is:
Quote:
If you would like, you can try my fork of KPV called Librerator:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198742

It supports smaller and larger step for moving crosshairs that set BBox. (While setting BBox, pressing Q will select larger step, pressing Z would select smaller step, and pressing A will go back to default step).

Also, some shortcuts are changed: instead of Shift-S and Shift-F like in @tigran's post, you need to press only S or F.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 11-12-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #313
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Errr... there are no "buttons" in KoReader (obviously), what do you mean?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #314
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Errr... there are no "buttons" in KoReader (obviously), what do you mean?
Well, not talking about KOReader for Touch devices, but Librerator and KPV. There are a couple of nice features in Librerator added by Kai771 that are not in the main branch (KPV). I remember ixtab or eureka were talking about this issue before (messages on IRC or something, I don't remember!) but again it'd be nice if there was just one unit program for K3.

Well, there are a couple minor critiques in place for KOReader:

1. The name of whole team/project is KOReader and the name of sub-project (for Touch devices) is also KOReader... Hence, even twobob confuses them.
2. KindlePDFViewer is a very solid program, please let's choose a meaningful and comprehensive name for it. (I read lots of PDFs and in 6" devices no eReader, Sony not included, can be compared to K3. Not even Paperwhite or Nook). Please let's continue developing for this little device.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 11-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #315
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
ah right yeah. heh
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader