Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #31
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I thought as long as you clicked on them in the correct order, and they appear in the little box in the correct order, they would be created in order, but it didn't work with the 6 I was experimenting on. I'll have to play with it, I have a serialized thing that would be nice if combined.

Forget it....sections keep disappearing on me! I'm done!

Last edited by booklover6; 03-04-2013 at 06:43 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #32
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
That's disheartening, booklover6. I don't have all my series complete yet but I'll give it a shot just to play around with them... Maybe if you just add one additional book, save, one more, save... Or you combine 1&2, 3&4, etc, then those together... I'll try it this week.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #33
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a good idea, xendula. I'll try with the same books and see what happens.

No, still screwed up. Lost formatting, sections out of order....a mess! Maybe it's just those stories.

Last edited by booklover6; 03-05-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
That's a good idea, xendula. I'll try with the same books and see what happens.

No, still screwed up. Lost formatting, sections out of order....a mess! Maybe it's just those stories.
It sounds like it's those certain books. Try this. Do a epub to epub conversation on each one then try to merge.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #35
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I tried with those again, and with other stories, and not happy at all with the result. After merging, I open the file in Sigil and look at the arrangement, take out all the extras, rearrange as necessary, save. Then open it in Sigil again, and the stuff is out of order again. Very annoying. I won't be merging anything else!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I tried with those again, and with other stories, and not happy at all with the result. After merging, I open the file in Sigil and look at the arrangement, take out all the extras, rearrange as necessary, save. Then open it in Sigil again, and the stuff is out of order again. Very annoying. I won't be merging anything else!
Really Odd I never have any problems using it.

I just merge my Nightwalker series 6 books and no problems whatsoever. I am baffled why you are having issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Merge.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	102395  

Last edited by Blossom; 03-06-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #37
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Blossom, do you use the Sigil plugin? Do you go through the sections after you merge, to make sure the books are in the right order?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Blossom, do you use the Sigil plugin? Do you go through the sections after you merge, to make sure the books are in the right order?
I don't use Sigil at all. I don't see a need to when I can do everything in Calibre. They're in the right order. I checked. It sounds like Sigil is the problem. They're probably not compatible together.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-06-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #39
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
So there is no solution for changing the collection thumbnails?
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #40
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
So there is no solution for changing the collection thumbnails?
Not without hacking into it and replacing the thumbnail. No matter what you change it to, it would still be the same for every collection.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #41
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't use Sigil at all. I don't see a need to when I can do everything in Calibre. They're in the right order. I checked. It sounds like Sigil is the problem. They're probably not compatible together.
Maybe it is messing with the section order. I use Sigil on every book before I load it, to take out all the extra images at the ends of books, teaser chapters or excerpts, advertisements, etc. So I convert to epub, use Sigil, then convert back to mobi, before putting on the Kindle.

I'll play with merge again and see if that is the problem.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Maybe it is messing with the section order. I use Sigil on every book before I load it, to take out all the extra images at the ends of books, teaser chapters or excerpts, advertisements, etc. So I convert to epub, use Sigil, then convert back to mobi, before putting on the Kindle.

I'll play with merge again and see if that is the problem.
Do this Convert the Sigil epub to a Calibre epub then try to merge. My guess is Sigil could be messing up the navigation file. Running it through Calibre first before merging should fix it.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Do this Convert the Sigil epub to a Calibre epub then try to merge. My guess is Sigil could be messing up the navigation file. Running it through Calibre first before merging should fix it.
I honestly think that simply using a Calibre plugboard to number your books in series order is a much easier way to look after a series. No need to use a collection for the purpose at all then.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I honestly think that simply using a Calibre plugboard to number your books in series order is a much easier way to look after a series. No need to use a collection for the purpose at all then.
I don't use collections on the PW. I do use plugboards but seeing I use cover view it's kind of not really necessary because the only way to see it is to long press on a book.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #45
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I use cover view as well, and by merging books into one, they take less space on my Kindle home screen, which can take quite a while longer to navigate the home screen, the more books are on the device.

Last edited by xendula; 03-07-2013 at 05:31 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote