Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
Laisvunas
Enthusiast
Laisvunas began at the beginning.

Device: none
The end of active development of EPUBReader?

Hi Michael,

Now it is about a year since the version containing new features was released.

In "Change requests" there are no new features listed under "Next version".

Does this mean that active development of EPUBreader ended and the only things the users can hope for are bug fixes and Firefox version compatibility fixes?

That would be very sad indeed since EPUBReader without any doubt is the best reader for .epub publications ever released. I hoped it will steadily evolve and mature.
Laisvunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hi Laisvunas,

you are right, it's now about a year that I released the last version with new features, but this doesn't mean, that I won't add new features in the future. It just means, that from my point of view EPUBReader has now all essential features (I know, you would like to see a search feature ), so there is no need to release new features as often as in the past. Additionally, if I had a bit more time in the last months, I would have released a new version with some new features in the meantime.

So, while my focus in the future is on bugfixing and browser compatibility, I will also add some new features.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Laisvunas
Enthusiast

Hi Michael,

Great to hear that new features are comming.

Maybe I can offer some help? I have some experience in client-side and server-side programming and I could do some coding in order to add some features which are compatible with your vision of EPUBReader.

Last edited by Laisvunas; 01-26-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
Maybe I can offer some help? I have some experience in client-side and server-side programming and I could do some coding in order to add some features which are compatible with your vision of EPUBReader.
Thanks for your offer. If there will be something you can help me with, I'll contact you via email.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Laisvunas
Enthusiast

I sent you email proposing to implement a new feature

Hi Michael,

Do you check emails which are sent to ***?

About 10 days ago I sent you to this address an email proposing an idea - to implement better support for right click in EPUBReader.

Do you received that email? Or maybe it is better to discuss such proposals here?

Last edited by mikelv; 02-29-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: email address removed
Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
About 10 days ago I sent you to this address an email proposing an idea - to implement better support for right click in EPUBReader. Do you received that email?
Hi Laisvunas,

yes, I received your mail and had a quick look over it but had just no time to check it in detail. You will receive an answer soon.

Additionally, I would prefer it the other way round like I wrote in my previous posting: I'll contact you if there is something you can help me with.

I removed my email address from your posting because I don't want to receive more spam .
Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #7
CaptainCrash
CaptainCrash began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just auto-updated to 1.4.2.1, and delighted to see my main gripe has been fixed at last - the progress bar now covers the entire publication rather than just the current chapter.

Many thanks.
CaptainCrash is offline   Reply With Quote