Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 04-17-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
andry80
andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

columns

hello I'm an italian man ,Andrea, I'm going to end the medicine university , i use isilo-x and I Can't use the softwere to the 2 columns text , how can i do? excuse me for my not good lenguage
Old 04-17-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Hi Andrea, do you have a link to the document?
Old 04-18-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
andry80
andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

no it is on my pc because it is a pdf file that I had traslated in htlm and than in isilo but so it is a problem (2 colums will be 1 mixed) if you need a page to try i can put one page on line in my site or to your e-mail
Old 04-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Try to "Enable Table Formatting" in Options-Display menu and see if it separates the columns for you.

Hope it works.
POL9A
Old 04-18-2005, 04:57 PM   #5
andry80

no it's not a palm problem the problem is when I do the isilo file with isilo-x also if i see the file with the pc isilo reader . (my palm is already set "Enable Table Formatting" in Options-Display )
Old 04-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #6
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky

Another thing to check is to make sure that iSiloX has processed your document as able to handle tables so that iSilo will give you the option of having tables.

In the document's Properties, under "Table" make surethat you have checked "Process Table Formatting." If this option isn't marked then no matter is you've selected it in iSilo, it won't work.

Hopefully it's the answer we've been looking for.
POL9A
Old 04-19-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
andry80

Yes it is so like you tell. I think the setting problem is on the propieties/text but I don't know the lenguage so I don't understant ... can you try to see for me? probably I must to have a more large setting of the screen who include the 2 columns ? or in isilox there is an option to the text in columns ?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #8
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky

I might not know enough to help further.

I'm not sure if I can offer anything more in terms of help, but the iSilo forums may be able to offer more suggestions. Hopefully Mr. iSilo Developer can make your situation work.
POL9A
Old 04-20-2005, 04:07 PM   #9
andry80

ok I hope I'll meet you early ,if you like to came in italy see this accomodation www.lacollinadeiciliegi.org
Old 05-21-2005, 11:50 AM   #10
Ebooksread
Ebooksread began at the beginning.

Andrea do you resolved your problem?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:39 PM   #11
Instantwill
Instantwill began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire 72 / Treo 650
PDF>>HTML>>iSilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andry80
no it is on my pc because it is a pdf file that I had traslated in htlm and than in isilo but so it is a problem (2 colums will be 1 mixed) if you need a page to try i can put one page on line in my site or to your e-mail

Translating from pdf to html is more than likely where th e problem is going to be. I have never been able to translate a pdf into html and it keep its formating (tables, columns, rows). Just a thought...unless you do it by hand after translating from pdf to html. Have you viewed the html file before converting to iSilo? Does it show your columns and rows?

By the way what tool did you use to convert from pdf to html?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:41 PM   #12
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky

It looks like they had a discussion on this topic over at the iSilo forums (here.)

It appears that the .PDF is particularly difficult to work with. I use Adobe Acrobat to convert .PDF to HTML, but he might not have access to that tool. And, as mentioned earlier, it doesn't convert properly.

I wish iSilo did .PDF's somehow.
POL9A