Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 03:52 AM   #76
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's even harder to do with 1256 items on the bookshelf....

But the idea of re-downloading all one's multiformat in a preferred format is a good one. I have them all as Mobipocket at the moment, but as ePub will probably be better for future conversions.
Well, that didn't take as long as I'd feared. I now have all my multiformat purchases downloaded in eight bulk downloads as ePubs. (188.9 MiB!)

All my DRMed ebooks should already be downloaded and backed up.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:38 AM   #77
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
But the idea of re-downloading all one's multiformat in a preferred format is a good one. I have them all as Mobipocket at the moment, but as ePub will probably be better for future conversions.
Hmm, that's an idea... I have them all in mobipocket as well.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #78
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
Quote:
Well, that didn't take as long as I'd feared. I now have all my multiformat purchases downloaded in eight bulk downloads as ePubs. (188.9 MiB!)

All my DRMed ebooks should already be downloaded and backed up.

Can I ask how you managed it please? The last time I tried I had to manually select the books to add to each download list -- I could find an option for the first 100, but no way to then do the next 100 then next 100 and that's left me resigned to doing conversions myself from mobipocket format if I ever need to.

(I did lodge a support request at the time, but unsupringly got no response)
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #79
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27 View Post
Can I ask how you managed it please? The last time I tried I had to manually select the books to add to each download list -- I could find an option for the first 100, but no way to then do the next 100 then next 100 and that's left me resigned to doing conversions myself from mobipocket format if I ever need to.

(I did lodge a support request at the time, but unsupringly got no response)

I am not too sure, I think if you use the bulk download it groups the zip files into books of 100 each (I'm guessing here cos my last bulk download comprised 2 zip files) ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #80
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I had to select each book for my 100s manually in the bulk download screens...

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #81
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I had to select each book for my 100s manually in the bulk download screens...

Graham
Same here and I could only make about 3 or 4 bulk downloads during a session (I've bought a lot of books from Fictionwise) and it took me a solid day to redownload all my books.

At least I have fresh downloads of all my multiformat ebooks and about 3/4 of my DRMed ebooks. The ones I can't download are from the Agency Five cabel.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
Loopy (who is jumping ship to her iPad for books!!!!)
Please don't buy any eBooks via Apple/iBooks. It would be a good thing if Apple thought eBooks were a flop.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #83
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27 View Post
I went to my bookshelf and went to the bulk download option. I set the default format to ePub.

The, I went through the pages. Most of my early purchases were multiformat, so for those I could just check the box at the top of the list, which checks ALL the 25 books on the page, unselect the one or two non-multiformat, and then clicked Add Selected Titles. Do that four times, and then download.

Clear the titles, and move on to the next pages.

Tedious, but the real trick is finding the checkbox that checks all the items on the page. Without that it would have been excruciating.

HTH
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #84
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I went to my bookshelf and went to the bulk download option. I set the default format to ePub.

The, I went through the pages. Most of my early purchases were multiformat, so for those I could just check the box at the top of the list, which checks ALL the 25 books on the page, unselect the one or two non-multiformat, and then clicked Add Selected Titles. Do that four times, and then download.

Clear the titles, and move on to the next pages.

Tedious, but the real trick is finding the checkbox that checks all the items on the page. Without that it would have been excruciating.

HTH
I ordered by format... Wich made the selecting of the whole page easier. But the clear lis it bugged. It wouldn't clear it, if I had added 100 books. Unless I logged out. So, I picked 75 books per download.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote