Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 12-14-2016, 03:45 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Moore, Clement C.: The Night Before Christmas (illus-Rackham). v1. 14 Dec 2016

The Night Before Christmas, by Clement C. Moore (1779-1863)

illustrated by Arthur Rackham (1867-1939)

Here is that favorite old poem, “The Night Before Christmas.” First published in 1823, it is nearly 200 years old and still going strong. It has been translated into many many languages, and is familiar to folks around the world.

This special edition featuring the work of artist Arthur Rackham was first published in 1931. It includes 4 full-page color illustrations, and many line drawings and decorations.

There was no epub version in the library, so here you go. Have a happy holiday season!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coverThumb.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	153546  
Attached Files
File Type: epub MooreCC-NightBeforeChristmas-illusRackham.epub (3.36 MB, 448 views)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
I'd give you more karma, but MR insists I have to spread some elsewhere before giving more to you. So I'll just have to say thank you very much. Arthur Rackham. Ahhhh.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 01:16 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for kind words!

I am never sure if I over-do the color on his images ---- all the scans I see are quite faded and yellowed, and perhaps I over-saturate and add too much contrast. You have seen some of the original art, what do you think?
Old 12-16-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Thank you for kind words!

I am never sure if I over-do the color on his images ---- all the scans I see are quite faded and yellowed, and perhaps I over-saturate and add too much contrast. You have seen some of the original art, what do you think?
I don't think Rackham's colors were quite that bright in the original printed illustration, but I don't find them off-putting here. You can make a case that a little enhancement is good given that they will be displayed by an electronic device.

What are you using the process the images?
______
Dennis
Old 12-18-2016, 01:22 AM   #5
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I use PaintShop Pro, old version 9, from about 2008 --- I don't think I really need the "special effects" in the newer versions, but I should download a trial and see if I want to update one of these days. GIMP is just toooooo overwhelming, after using PSP since 1998.
Advert
Old 12-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #6
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I use PaintShop Pro, old version 9, from about 2008 --- I don't think I really need the "special effects" in the newer versions, but I should download a trial and see if I want to update one of these days. GIMP is just toooooo overwhelming, after using PSP since 1998.
I have the Gimp here (and an ancient version of Photoshop. The last time I used it was for an enormous 100MB TIFF image from the Hubble space telescope. Everything else I had died with out of memory errors trying to open it.)

What I normally use is Paint.NET, an open source application intended to replace the Paint program supplied with Windows (and written by a Microsoft developer.) It requires a current .NET framework installed.

It lacks the bells and whistles of Photosop and the Gimp, but is adequate for what I do, which is mainly cropping and color tweaks.

See http://www.getpaint.net/index.html for information and downloads.
______
Dennis

Tags
arthur rackham, children's poetry, christmas, santa claus