Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Zifnab
Zifnab began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
Search Authors only

Is there a way to do a search that will look only for Authors without a comma? I am changing my library so that authors and author_sort are LN, FN, but there are a number of entries that are still FN LN, and going through it manually is tedious to say the least. I would like to view only authors that do not have the comma so I can change them all with the search/replace function. I tried the search, and added , to the Any of these unwanted words field, but it looks in all metadata fields, and I want to search only authors
Thanks.
Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You could install my Quality Check plugin which has this as a menu option, if you use it fairly often. Behind the scenes, it just does this search:

not authors:,
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
not authors:,
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Zifnab
Zifnab began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
Thank you very much ... this gives me more than I asked for and works like a charm!
Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote