Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
JISC digitised 100k pages from 19th century newspapers

from the announcement:
Quote:
An additional 100,000 pages of digitised newspaper content have now been added to the 19th-Century British Library Newspapers interface.

This is the first part of the second phase of JISC funding to add 1 million pages of new content to this unique resource in early 2010, published by Gale, part of Cengage Learning.
http://digitisation.jiscinvolve.org/...ry-newspapers/

This is a continuation of a national digitisation project that was begun in 2006. The recent scans were added to a collection that already consisted of over 2 million pages.

Even though access is limited to British institutions (universities, colleges, schools, corporations) and I can't use it, I think this is rather neat.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Even though access is limited to British institutions (universities, colleges, schools, corporations) and I can't use it, I think this is rather neat.
Disappointing - it did sound neat! One of things I did as a bored freshman in college was spend a long afternoon reading the turn-of-the-(20th)-century school newspapers. I was going to go take a look...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert