Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
tosiabunio
tosiabunio began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thumbs down Calibre 0.9.17 hangs while editing metadata

I've just updated Calibre to 0.9.17 (running on 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate) and lost the ability to edit metadata.

When I attempt to do that (either by keyboard shortcut or menu option), the program just hangs and stops responding to any input.

BTW, I tried to report as a bug, but Launchpad login pages don't allow me to register (I get 404 errors while accessing help and instructions).
tosiabunio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
9.17 (64 bit) works here W7HP on AMD

Have you ever had a second monitor? The metadata window may still be over there (lost from view).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
tosiabunio
tosiabunio began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you ever had a second monitor? The metadata window may still be over there (lost from view).
Great catch! I have a second monitor which I use occasionally so it's turned off. The metadata window was there.

Thanks!
tosiabunio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Been there,
have the bruises

Stupid of windows to persist in opening on a Disconnected display.
Have they heard about 'Laptops' Fer' crying out loud? Extra Displays come and go all the time.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have they heard about 'Laptops' Fer' crying out loud?
Don't be ridiculous! Of course they have!

Laptops are the place where, once a year, a good 'Softie can sit and tell that senior gentleman in the dashing red outfit, and retro glasses, just how much better they have performed this year. If the gentleman is impressed, the 'Softie will receive suitable monetary remuneration — call it a bonus, or a gift — and a party is quickly underway.

Now, some say the gentleman in red is a myth, but such a unique vehicle declares nothing can be amiss. For the DMV, like the gentleman himself, accepts no lie. With a smile, and a flash of bright light, perhaps a cookie as he dashes off into the night.

The penultimate grifter, ermm... gifter, I mean... is revealed by the DMV to really have been!

It's Bill Gates of course, who else could it be? Who else would be the star of a Microsoft Christmas Story?

(Yeah, I have no idea where that came from either.)
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote