Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free book (Sony) - Daniel and Daughter [Manga Romance]

And now for something completely different from the Sony store.

Daniel and Daughter, by Mayu Takahama and Lucy Gordon, and is a comic-book adaptation of a Romance story by Lucy Gordon. It's actually from Harlequin's Pure Romance imprint, which I've seen in the big comic/manga shops downtown, which does manga versions of popular novels by its authors in stereotypical big-eyed shoujo style*.

It's a 16-17 meg download and available free to Canadians and presumably also to the US.

Product Description
When she was 16, photographer Lee went to Gretna Green, the Elopement Capital of Scotland, where she could get married without her parents' consent. However, she soon divorces, taking her daughter with her. She has had enough of men, but 13 years later, she meets Daniel, who tries everything in his power to seduce her. Meanwhile, Lee's brother is in a passionate relationship with Daniel's daughter. The two lovers decide to elope to Gretna Green just as Lee did all those years ago. Lee chases after them with a bitter feeling in her heart...

Edit: *Hee. I should say "exaggerated to the point of absurd hilarity stereotypical big-eyed (and open-mouthed) shoujo style". I recommend picking this one up not only to demonstrate the popularity of manga e-books and hope the publishers put out more, but also for its presumably unintentional bonus entertainment value.

Last edited by ATDrake; 09-28-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Just had a peek inside. I regret nothing.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
This isn't free in the US.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
No longer free in Canada, either. Possibly a pricing glitch. Nice while it lasted, though.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I think it was CLEVNET library that got a bunch of manga ebooks in the last couple of weeks.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote