Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
hydin
Connoisseur
hydin doesn't litterhydin doesn't litter

Device: Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight 3
Nook Glowlight 3 issue, reader shows 4.33gb open, Windows say 0 bytes

Was trying to side load some books for the first time in a long time, and when I went to add it, I got an error in calibre saying "No available space". I though that was a bit weird, so I checked if I could just drag and drop, and windows shows the drive is full.

4.33 gb open from the reader settings option, but 0 in windows. Windows also shows it as a 1.44gb partition instead of the full.

I've updated the firmware, but I have no idea how to proceed.

Any ideas? I'd prefer not to erase the books from the library, but so far I've done a soft reset and tried rebooting it a few times, but nothing has worked.

Any helps appreciated!
hydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
My experience for successful side loading is to eject the NOOK properly (after side loading) but DO NOT unplug the NOOK from the computer for a few minutes. The NOOK seems to be slow about sorting out its internal memory after side loading. Physically unplugging the device too soon seems to interrupt that process, and possibly corrupt the NOOK's memory. (Just guesswork here.)

My only idea for your reader would be to erase and re-register. Sorry about that.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert