Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 11:49 PM   #46
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can see the basic Kindle going away. It's too basic. No light and not even a light case.
Kindle basic outsells all the others combined. Most folks don't need a light. If they have a light to read a paper book, they have enough for the Kindle Basic.

I too would like a 7" or even 8" ereader, but I don't think that will be in this year's lineup. Not unless they can make it a lot lighter.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:03 AM   #47
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't think the Basic Model will be dropped. I think Amazon likes having those entry level Kindles and Fires. (And they sell kid's bundles for both devices.) I certainly hope they don't drop the Basic – so far I haven't had any luck with the front-lit Kindles or Kobos. I think it's an issue with my eyes. The only front-lit eReader that works for me is the Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight.
Honestly, I think the lighting is quite different between the Paperwhite and the Voyage. I can't read more than 15 minutes with my Mom's Paperwhite 1, but have no problem with either the Voyage or the ST with Glo. So, it could very well be that our eye issues affect that.

I'm guessing too that the Voyage will get dropped despite it's wonderful features. They did that with the HDX - lots of great features but the price put too many people off especially after they introduced the cheapo Fires.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #48
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Kindle basic outsells all the others combined. Most folks don't need a light. If they have a light to read a paper book, they have enough for the Kindle Basic.

I too would like a 7" or even 8" ereader, but I don't think that will be in this year's lineup. Not unless they can make it a lot lighter.
Huh? There *is* a 7" ereader in this year's lineup--the new Oasis is 7"

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #49
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Honestly, I think the lighting is quite different between the Paperwhite and the Voyage. I can't read more than 15 minutes with my Mom's Paperwhite 1, but have no problem with either the Voyage or the ST with Glo. So, it could very well be that our eye issues affect that.
That's odd ... and interesting. Maybe I'll have to take a look at a used or refurbished Voyage. If its screen is really like the Simple Touch with Glowlight, that would be great. And I, personally, like page turn buttons. (Even if the Voyage doesn't actually have physical buttons, at least I wouldn't have to touch the screen all the time.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #50
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Kindle basic outsells all the others combined.
- - - - -
Not according to Amazon.
They are still advertising the PW3 as their best selling model ever.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert