Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
gene2u
gene2u began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Cannot download Overdrive .epub library books directly from PRS-T3 device

Hello,

As the title says, I can't get the browser on the PRS-T3 to initiate a download of an .epub book. I can sign into my elibrary account (eLibraries Manitoba) and see the bookshelf of books I have checked out, but there is no link on .epub books where I can download them, all I get is the message "This device does not support this format."

It's strange, because I am logged into Adobe Digital Editions, and I can transfer library books over to the PRS-T3 (and read them) through the Sony Reader program on my PC with a USB cable, but I cannot download directly from the device. I've had an older device, the PRS-T1 for a couple years, and direct library downloads work on that device.

Does anyone have any solutions? I wish I could override Overdrive's warning message and say "No, that's okay, let me download the file anyway". Books with a .pdf format are apparently allowed for download directly from the device.

The PRS-T3 is running 1.1.00.15210 firmware. The working PRS-T1 is running a rooted firmware 1.0.04.12210. Surely this isn't an issue with the switch to the Kobo bookstore, which is still ongoing (cannot yet visit the kobo store from the PRS-T3)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	386
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	123627  
gene2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
gene2u

Ah, I may have discovered the reason for the problem I detailed above. Turns out when I borrow a NEW book, I can then download the book. The ones I couldn't download were borrowed before I bought the PRS-T3. Now, I don't know why there's a difference, but I don't imagine I'll run into this strange problem too often.

Problem "solved?" Ha!

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe it kept me from downloading the other books because they had already been loaded on my PRS-T1. *Scratches head*

Last edited by gene2u; 06-02-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Advert
Old 06-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
This is a new Overdrive problem. It used to be possible to redownload any books from the library bookshelf, but last time I logged into the library on my PRS-T1 (within the last couple of days) I got the same error message you did.

Overdrive has been making changes again lately so I hope this is a temporary issue.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
gene2u

Thanks 4691mls.

Good to know. I'll let you know if I figure out any new patterns. Will likely stick to a basic "borrow and download from same device" pattern, so the problem may not recur.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
This is a new Overdrive problem. It used to be possible to redownload any books from the library bookshelf, but last time I logged into the library on my PRS-T1 (within the last couple of days) I got the same error message you did.

Overdrive has been making changes again lately so I hope this is a temporary issue.
I've noticed this too. I usually borrow from my computer or tablet, but only download directly to my T2 and haven't had any problems with ADE books.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
UPDATE - I accessed my Overdrive account via my PRS-T1 today - hadn't done that in a while. The books which were checked out via my home computer are now showing as downloadable on the PRS-T1.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overdrive, prs-t3