Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #1
ngxson
ngxson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
[KUAL Extension] HTTP-based file browser

I use my Kindle Paperwhite 3 everyday for my studies at university. However, it's quite inconvenient to copy documents, specially PDFs into the kindle, because most of the time, I don't bring my laptop or a micro USB cable with me.

After a quick search for standalone HTTP-based file manager, I luckily found https://filebrowser.org/ , which is an open-source option. They are also very nice to have the prebuilt binary for ARMv7 so that I can write some code to implement it into KUAL.

Download KUAL extension (just need to extract and place it under /extensions folder): https://github.com/ngxson/hobby-kind...ases/tag/0.1.0

How to use:
  • Connect your kindle to wifi
  • Open KUAL > HTTP File Server > Start Server
  • Access kindle's IP address from a browser on your laptop/PC/Mobile/...
  • When you're done, press Ctrl + C on kindle, the application should exit

TODO in the future:
  • Show IP address
  • Ability run on the background

Please feel free to make PRs on github!
ngxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:08 AM   #2
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Thanks for your work

However, the usbnetwork package already includes a scp server:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=204942
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
Super easy to upload/download files from Kindle.

Great job, ngxson!
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 03:31 AM   #4
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
On the smaller screen like Voyage, the original message positions are good.

But I found that the row position of the eips command does not scale on a larger screen device like Oasis 3 (1264 × 1680). The messages were overwritten on that last button. I need added 5 rows in the show_status, start_server, and stop_server scripts to avoid overwriting.

I think it would be nice if we have another button to disable WiFi.

Last edited by tekkasit; 05-15-2022 at 03:34 AM.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 06:45 PM   #5
mrfakename
Developer
mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle 3G (Customized - Fonts + Screen Saver)
Hi @tekkasit + @ngxson,
Thanks for making this great package! I tried to launch the file browser extension on my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (3G) from KUAL, but nothing happened when I tried to launch it (I already installed kterm). Is there anything I have to do before installation? (also posted here)
Thanks in advance!
mrfakename is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2024, 11:04 AM   #6
huyhuyhuy
huyhuyhuy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle ppw5
Sorry but i cant see my IP address

When I start server, I see this "Listening on [::]:80"
What should I do next?
If anyone can do this, can you help me please?
Thank you so much for that!
huyhuyhuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 11:59 AM   #7
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
You use a Web browser on some other device to access Kindle file system via HTTP protocol?
To do that you need to know which local IP address was assigned to your Kindle device by your router.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote