Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Examples of Subgroups

I have to write a paper about a subgroup that interests me and I'm drawing a blank. I know gangs and religious groups count but I can't think of anything else. I was thinking about homeless people or hippies, or something, lol. Can I get some ideas, pretty, pretty please? Whatever I pick has to be 4-6 pages long , so I'd rather pick something unique and fun and I want to make sure I'm thinking in the right direction. Thanks ladies and gents!!!
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Furries.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
The Darwin Awards. There are lots of sub-groups in that sub-group.

Today I had 2 human Lemmings cross my path. These are people that walk in front of moving traffic KNOWING that you have to stop for them. The more arrogant ones don't even look at your car before stepping out in front of you. You, on the other hand, may have to suddenly swerve out of their way with possible injury to others. Or you could be rear ended due to the sudden stop and smash into them anyway.

While they have the right of the road as pedestrians, they also have the right to a coffin of their choice.

Stupidity kills, and that's what the Darwin Awards focuses on. Pick a sub-group from there.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I know you are fond of animals, so focus on say dog owners, and then you have the sub-groups that believe in purebred vs. mutt/rescue. the "do something" with my dog; hiking, camping, frisbee competitions, goes to doggy daycare, visits the dog park, vs. "dogs are supposed to stay at home and guard the home".

maybe that will give you a nudge in the right direction...
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #5
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Today I had 2 human Lemmings cross my path. These are people that walk in front of moving traffic KNOWING that you have to stop for them. The more arrogant ones don't even look at your car before stepping out in front of you. You, on the other hand, may have to suddenly swerve out of their way with possible injury to others. Or you could be rear ended due to the sudden stop and smash into them anyway.

While they have the right of the road as pedestrians, they also have the right to a coffin of their choice.

Stupidity kills, and that's what the Darwin Awards focuses on. Pick a sub-group from there.
That's cause you get run over if you make eye contact. It's the same rule for motorcycles, NEVER make eye contact.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
That's cause you get run over if you make eye contact. It's the same rule for motorcycles, NEVER make eye contact.
Yes god forbid you actually look out of your cage to see the motorcyclist, sorry one of my many pet peeves.

How about the different groups of people who like to fly or the sub groups of people who fear it? There's the "Wings could fall off" group the "If God wanted us to fly he/she would have given us wings" group. My favorite group is the "What if the pilot falls asleep" group.
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #7
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Virtual fiends that hang out at on-line forums.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #8
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Who are you calling a subgroup?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
(Lord forgive me for making fun of somebody else’s spelling. )

Old 02-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
(Lord forgive me for making fun of somebody else’s spelling. )

I don't think that was a typo
Old 02-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #11
SameOldStory
My True Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Yes god forbid you actually look out of your cage to see the motorcyclist, sorry one of my many pet peeves.
I used to have a motorcycle a long time ago, and it's my firm belief that ALL auto drivers should have to ride a motorcycle at least a year before being allowed to drive a car! It’s not just that drivers don't "see" motorcycles, some seem to take offense that a motorcycle is in front of them.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

I personally view all car drivers as homicidal maniacs, it helps to keep my concentration on the road and on the psychos in the Volvo's

Last edited by Mortis; 02-26-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #13
SameOldStory
My True Self

[QUOTE=emonti8384;1416777]I have to write a paper about a subgroup that interests me and I'm drawing a blank.

QUOTE]

Sorry, emonti, about having fun on your thread.

But can you give us a clue about your "paper"? What is the paper for - school, English lit?

Why a sub-group? Why not large groups?

What interests you already? Science, history, personal experiences, sports, etc?

I promise to be good.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #14
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I don't think that was a typo
Can someone throw me an "R" please?
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #15
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Can someone throw me an "R" please?
I'll give you a K instead.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote