Quote:
Originally Posted by orenr View Post
Any news on the 2.0 release date? I mean production, not beta
Good question
redzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #122
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
I think a better question is when is the RC release, so those people who don't mind testing can give it a good shake down before the rest of us start using it.
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #123
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
I posted for the wrong device ..
some suggestions about beta 2.0
1- please enable the full width in landscape mode.. but don't make it mandatory cause if you read documents with pages that are wider than long (like presentations in pdf) it works well the way it's now..
2-when the page zoomed let the flip bar at first show the remaining part of the page and after change the page, but showing the beginning of the next page, not the last part how you have to do now
3-put the selection zoom, the hand icon and the pencil icon on the bottom bar.. why I have always to go for the menu to manage zoomed pages ?
4-ADD A WEB BROWSER with pen input and on screen keyboard input AND A TCP/IP STACK, so that if you connect an usb modem ( enable host mode usb btw ) to the usb port you can navigate on the internet..

bugs:
1-a little audible click when turning pages on some pdf..
2-some pdf (very few) are not rendered at all..

Last edited by repods; 05-13-2010 at 11:47 AM.
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:42 AM   #124
Andrew.hte
Andrew.hte began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800SG
After Ejecting from PC

Hi Folks

Having problems with DR800SG using Beta 2.0 when I plug it into a PC and then eject it later The .pdb book I am reading starts back at page 1 often. This has happened on several .pdb books btw.

(I also dont have covers showing on 2 .pdb (B+N) books not that it bothers me). Also no zoom or scribble on .pdb....

But the issue with the ejecting from a PC and either going to page 1 or having the bottom of the screen showing "counting pages" is a real hassle.

If I can't remember my last page number it takes me forever to get back to where I was.

This happens almost every time I disconnect. (I do eject it via the PC first most of the time) Sometimes instead of going to "Continue reading" if I go back to books and reselect the book it may work OK.

It seems re-indexing is an issue after disconnecting.

Sometimes a reboot fixes it sometimes not.

Is this a big or is something wrong with my SD card/indexing/files etc?

A

Last edited by Andrew.hte; 05-22-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Andrew.hte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #125
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
I posted for the wrong device ..
some suggestions about beta 2.0
I have a couple of suggestions also, now that I'm using beta 2.0. There may be a work-a-round that I don't know about.

I'd really like to get rid of some of the icons that show up on the Home page (news, images, personal documents, notes) or at least move them around and rename them. I use my 800sg for reading books only - I don't buy books at ebook mall, I don't look at pictures, etc. I'd like to be able to do my own categories on that page - mine would be (in my order) continue reading, books, recently added, encyclopedias, dictionaries, sd card, settings.

Also, adding the sd card to Books would be really nice.

Perhaps I'm the odd one out in how I use mine, perhaps not. Any help would be much appreciated.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #126
Mundomatto
Mundomatto began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800S
drawing state / viewing state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iñigo View Post
I would vote for a different and simpler approach: 2 independent "circuits".
- a drawing state machine, with 3 cycling states: pen, eraser, nothing
and:
- a viewing state machine, with 3 cycling states: zoom, pan, nothing

Activate or change to one of these circuits using the menu (isn't it a popup menu in fact?).

The reasoning behind this proposal is that both circuits are very different in nature, and it's not usual to change from one activities to the other.
I guess this is the way to go.
Screen real estate allows for these two extra icons, and I think it will as well make things faster.
Using a pop up/slider makes you click, then find the item you want, click once again, and finally make your choice.
Mundomatto is offline   Reply With Quote