Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-10-2020, 09:54 PM   #3946
DandalfTheWhite
DandalfTheWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hey, I am having an issue with this error: Invalid credentials error on fetch from IMAP

I use a dedicated Gmail account and have for a very long time with this plugin (pretty much since you introduced the feature). I last used it in early January of 2020 but today I keep getting the error. I found This Bug and it looks similar and I tried all the steps you mentioned there but my issue seems different.

For some reason, my "Less Secure Apps" keeps turning itself off after an hour or so. When it was enabled, I was able to access the account via the plugin, and it marked all but two of the unread emails as read (as it scrapped the URLs) but then the error still popped up. I had to enable it several time and I got several security alert emails which I said were me. I have only been trying today so maybe it is a google issue? It finally worked too after about 20 tries. But I wanted to send the bug here for you so you could see it regardless. Perhaps it was a quantity issue? I had about 250 email alerts unread, mostly AO3 but some FFN and others.

Thanks for all your hard work on the plugin, it's my most used in Calibre, for sure!
DandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #3947
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sorry, I don't know anything about Google's email permissions issues. I'd be asking Google myself.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #3948
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Version Released

Version 3.16.0 - 13 Feb 2020
- New Site: archive.hpfanfictalk.com (eFiction non-base)
- Reduce debug output in base_xenforoforum_adapter.
- Add replace_xbr_with_hr feature.
- Update translations.
- Fix for adapter_storiesonlinenet requiring 'v' from login.php.
- Add more domains for AO3.
- Use storyUrl from metadata for checking library, for those sites that make canonical storyUrl difficult, like adapter_literotica. Closes #461. Plugin only.
- Optional EPUB 3.0 output
Old 02-19-2020, 01:00 PM   #3949
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2020-02-19
- Add order_threadmarks_by_date to base_xenforoforum, improve defaults.ini. For #469

Also documented threadmark_category_order setting.

Code:
## If desired, you can change the order FFF places threadmark
## categories.  (This setting does not remove categories, you need to
## use skip_threadmarks_categories for that.)
#threadmark_category_order:Threadmarks,Sidestory,Apocrypha,Omake,Media,Informational,Staff Post

## By default, FFF orders threadmarks first by category, then in the
## order they appear as determined by the author.  When
## order_threadmarks_by_date:true, all included threadmarks
## (skip_threadmarks_categories still works) will instead be ordered
## by their initial post datetime.  Different threadmark categories
## will be mixed together, and I've seen at least one case of post
## order on the site disagreeing with post datetime.
#order_threadmarks_by_date:false
Old 02-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #3950
DandalfTheWhite
DandalfTheWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My google issue seems to have gone away, at least in small batches. So it was probably a google side error.

A new issue, which I just ran into was this. Sometimes I send an email to my dedicated fic email account with a new story I want to download. I've been doing this for ages, but recently my blank emails with just a URL are not getting detected. I could have like 5 alerts and one email from myself. The plugin will mark the legit alerts as read and scrape their URLs, but the emails with just a link (all AO3 so far) are ignored. Even when there are no unread emails other than the one I sent myself in the inbox, the plugin says there are no valid story URLs found in unread emails. I think my formatting is okay because when I manually copy the link from the email to the plugin it works fine. Not really sure if this is a google thing again or if it is something on the plugin's end. To send them to myself it is usually from the mail app on my iphone.

Thanks again!
DandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:43 PM   #3951
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@DandalfTheWhite,

The story URL has to be in the (text or html) body of the email, not the subject. And a recognizable URL, with http at the front.

Other than that, I don't know why they wouldn't work for you. I'd have to see the emails.

FYI, FFF checks all unread messages in the folder. So getting URLs from emails will be faster when there are fewer unread messages in the folder.
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #3952
thsisneo4u
thsisneo4u began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile Is it possible to add support for novelplanet.com

Will it be possible to add support for novelplanet.com. It does have a pretty good library of light novels.
thsisneo4u is online now   Reply With Quote